Fake LTD MH-100QM ???

Updated
Grim Reaper

I am interested in buying a second hand LTD MH-100QM from a local pawn shop but I think it may be a fake. It has all chrome Floyd Rose, ESP tuners, and states "China" on the back of the headstock with serial number "L0701708". I've seen fakes for sale on Ali Express but none exactly like this one. I also was unable to find anything like it on ESP's website, nothing designated MH-100QM with all chromed Floyd Rose. Here's the website where it is with pictures; http://www.annexpawn.com/shop/ltd-mh-100qm-electric-guitar-marbled-turquoise/ Is it a fake? If it isn't are they asking too much money for it?

Pushead

It looks legit.  By serial number it would be a 2007 model.  The price seems high to me.  You could buy a nicer LTD model (in the 400 range of LTDs) at that price on Ebay.

Grim Reaper

Thanks. I'll look around for a higher model.

Chase K.

Yeah brother, that price is absurd, i just snagged one with an EMG 81/85 upgrade for $175

Grim Reaper

I got a call from ESP. The guitar is bonafide and was manufactured in 2007. The all chrome Floyd Rose was used for a few years but superseded by another version which is the same dimensions as the original Floyd Rose so an upgrade to a real Floyd Rose doesn't require routing the body to enable it to fit. I don't know if the quality of the 2007 LTD MH-100QM made in China is any good. I think I could get it for $200 or a bit less but even that may be too much.

Alex C.

Hello!! I'm from Mexico and I have the same problem, I have a ltdmh100qm with serial number L09020753 manufactured in China, my question is that if the Floyd Rose is genuine or is a China ... greetings!!  

Post to Thread