DIY speaker cable help

Updated
DIY speaker cable help
I'm going to make a speaker cable but I'm a bit confused about which plug connector to use. From what I've read Neutrik is more or less the industry standard. Allthough the popular Neutrik NP2X connector only support up to 18 gauge cables. Decent speaker cables are usually 13-14 gauge. Will they work either way or what connector should I get? Any DIYers out there with opinions? :)
Explorer45

Thanks Pus. :) I'll look into it.

jet66

I am using the Neutrik NYS225L, but it appears to be discontinued. Looks like some places still stock them, but if the Jumbo is the replacement, I imagine it will work great.

Explorer45

I got a hold of a pair of NYS225L through ebay and bought 3 ft of Supra Linc 4.0 11-gauge cable (a bit overkill for a 5W HT-5 but good for future amp upgrades).
Thanks again guys.

Paul G.

Audioengine is well-known for its wide selection of loudspeakers in various forms. With a founding team that includes former employees of Gibson Guitars, Harman-Kardon, and Apple, the business has been operating since 2005. Aside from speakers, the business also makes components including Bluetooth transceivers and headphone amplifiers.

Audioengine's tiny computer speakers have long been popular, and the company's newest product, the Audioengine A2+ Black Friday has only served to increase that appeal. If you have a permanent setup, you may use a cable to plug in the A2+ Wireless, which builds on the original A2's architecture and adds Bluetooth and USB input. The A2+ Wireless Speakers have built-in amplifiers, so they can be used as PC speakers, analogue sources, or digital sources.

Post to Thread