MH-1000 Restoration Project Help

Updated
scoobyroo
I'm picking up a MH-1000 used for cheap because the previous owner didn't maintain it very well and am going to do a full hardware strip and replace, minus the frets and pickups. Which bridge, nut and tuners (pref locking) can I get that will be a direct swap, i'm a little confused after doing some research and looking at the allparts website - no idea which nut R i need and after reading some other threads, not sure about which FR replacement bridge will swap out easiest...some help would be much appreciated.
1point8t

You can add Sperzel locking tuners without drilling any extra holes... there's a roll pin on the backside of them that you can pull out and just tighten them on the headstock straight. I've done this a couple times... as far as a Floyd, any Floyd Special, 1000 series, Original Floyd Rose, or Gotoh Floyd will drop right in there without any modification. Pretty sure the locknut is either a 42 or 43mm nut, so you can throw an R2 or R3 on there no problem. I personally like the R2... if that guitar originally had an R3 nut, the R2 will bring both E strings a little further in from the edge of the fretboard, which will give you more room for vibrato without worrying about the string slipping off the edge of the fret.

Post to Thread