Awesome Freakin Scratches@!$%@#$@

Updated
mmonti
So it was bound to happen, and it did, I finally scratched it, my KH-603 has 2 sweet scratches on the back of the neck near the headstock, I was changin strings yesterday and had another guitar sitting next to me on the left, was using it to pluck strings to tune up, as I leaned over to hit the A string my kh-603 grazed the headstock and the strings at the tuning post where I clip em short after I restring dug into the neck!#$!#$@$#@%@#$!@#$^@ It was all slo-mo like and I couldnt stop it, Im pissed! anyone else got any good "I fscked up my axe" stories? Make me feel better by lettin me hear your misery Mike
Curt Daddy

wat.

mmonti

exactly!

FLSHWND

I bought a LTD EX-400BK that I fucking loved, a couple of years ago. A week after I got it, my band was rehearsing so I brought my new guitar and played it for maybe an hour until my strap broke and the guitar crashed to the floor. It was fucked beyond repair.

I thought I was gonna cry.

jalmetalman

Got my ESP eclipse II, kept it mint for maybe a year then one day the strap gives way and it falls to the ground, hits my footswitch and bounces a couple of times... At the end I'm left with one big chunk missing on the edge close to the input and 2 small mini marks/chips on the back...:mad: doesn't bother me much now though...

load more replies (1 of 1)
mmonti

that sux, I hate when I screw up something I really like!

Weasley

@#$!^%@$%!^^$!^%!$^!!!!!

Pushead

Those are rough stories guys, but after the first scratch, you tend not to notice them. As long as you can still play it, it's not so bad.

BLS

+1

Constituo

Yes, I bought a brand new EC-II and the first cut was really the deepest, went straight into my heart. But hey, afterwards it´s like Pushead said: You don´t care as long as You can play.

ShadowDonut

I was sitting next to my friend playing guitar while he was on my Macbook Pro. My guitar tipped forward and the lower horn got chipped by the aluminum casing of the computer. After that I stopped caring.

FSM

I recently got a Jackson SL2H straight from Fender and it has a couple scratches under the clear coat and a screw that surfaces through into the FR cavity. With Jackson QA these days on even their USA "select" you don't even have to scratch them yourself! Still plays like a dream though...

Perhan!

Last month, due to ice on the sidewalks, I fell with my guitar in my gigbag (luckily enough I carried it in my hand, not on my back) on the ass :D I was the first on the ground, guitar was the second, I presume it hit my strap pin or something on the lower end of the guitar, I heard a dull sound, and then strings buzzing. Checked it quickly in the dark, nothing big. Got home and a chunk of paint was missing under the floyd rose (right below the bar), opened the gigbag, glued the missing piece back, and continued playing :D The guitar is pretty much beat up but it works like a clock :D

AnubisUnbound

I cant stand trying to keep guitars mint. I play live and I enjoy the character that it gives them. Chips and scratches dont effect how great a guitar may play or sound.

Roidster

scratches are going to happen ,they cant stay new forever ,unless they never leave the case

Big Rich

scratched/dinged/chipped guitars play better imo

you can concentrate on playing instead of worrying about hitting into something and scratching the guitar

MasterOfPuppies

i just smashed my light fitting while taking off the guitar....only problem..with my kh2 !

i lightly scratched the headstock...near the tip of it, fortunately it's almost unperceivable.

almost invisible after i cleaned well the part with polish.

btw every scratches is an heartache and angry moment with her :P

j.t..i.

I have an IBANEZ S540ltd that I bought new back in 1995, and managed to keep it mint until one day in 2002, I was changing the strings and set the guitar down to grab a beer. I stood up and heard a clank. It was the snippers. I had them sitting in my lap and they fell right onto the top of my guitar causing a nice 3/8" 'ding'. I was utterly pissed

still am:x

ShadowDonut

I still can't believe I chipped my guitar on my COMPUTER. :rollin

exhibit-sbt

A few years ago now.. I sat down a ec-400 on a shitty rack, it fell into an ec-1000 and one of the tuners on the ec-400 literally cracked the top right above the toggle switch, about .5 inch x .25 inch, and about 1/8 inch deep. nasty, but she has character.

mansoncharles

When I didn't have my LTD and I was using my Jackson KE3 Kelly the shit stand that I have collapsed (Don't have any idea how) and it chipped the body in 2 places and dented my headstock. Was offit.

LekandeSanden

Well i have only one memory of ever fucking up a guitar and thats when my old fat tv fell on it... so ladies and gentlemen, don't ever have your guitar standing infront of your tv when you're messing with the cables at the back and inserting the scart "just a wee bit more"...

Post to Thread