Need a replacement Schaller LFR for early 90's Maverick Deluxe

Updated
VinnySem
Hey everyone, I need a replacement tremolo for my Maverick Deluxe circa 1993ish. A friend had a Schaller "clone" that did not quite fit; the cutout is kind of tight and the block was hitting the body in one spot, and the saddle string clamp screws were far too long. I've been looking all over the 'net for one, can't find anything. I see that StewMac and Warmoth both sell new genuine Schallers, but I don't know if they will fit or not, has the design changed in the past 15+ years where it would not fit? Thanks!
1point8t

Can you post a pic of the guitar and/or bridge?

VinnySem

Sure, I'll take a close-up of the trem tonight.

I found some close-ups of the Schaller that Warmoth sells, that looks very much like it, and they even mention having short string saddle clamp screws. But before I order anything I'd like to be as sure as I can.

MV-CTM

best way to make sure is bust out your trusty cm stick and measure it up and compare it with the newer one

johnny00

I'd be willing to bet that an original Floyd Rose will fit. I am looking at one comparing it to your photos and it looks like it will. There is a guy selling The Floyd Rose(made in korea, not germany, to OFR specs) floyd and bar for $129 free shipping in black on e bay. These are much much better than the schaller or any licenced job. They are real floyds, only they are made for floyd rose OEM guitars. I think charvel puts them on their san dimas models. He has a bunch. If you're interested, search 'floyd rose real'. thx

MV-CTM

yeah but the thingies that the fine tuners move that screw the string blocks in stick out farther and would hit the guitar

MyApocalypse

That is an awesome looking guitar.

VinnySem

Thank you, and yes it's a 25.5. She's my pride & joy, first "real"guitar I've ever bought. Will be put in the casket with me when I pass on LOL.

Regarding the trem, I am pretty confident that a Schaller LFR will fit, all the pics of ones I've seen have the short string saddle clamp screws. And if it doesnt fit I can always return it.

1point8t

A real Schaller will fit that. I had a Schaller 'clone' like you mentioned and tried to put it on an LTD that had the same trem as yours. It barely fit and the string clamp screws that come out of the back of the trem hit the cavity on one or two of them.

Nice fiddle.

VinnySem

Thanks! I'm ashamed to admit it's been put away for the past 8+ years or so, had to concentrate on "other things." Took it out a few months ago, re-stringed, and she played like the day I took it off the shelf. But I was adjusting the intonation and stripped the screw hole for the D-string saddle. Bugger.

I have a snow-white Eclipse II on deposit that I hope to pick up in a few weeks.

VinnySem

Something else I just noticed: from low-E to high-E, the strings progressively move off center from the pickup poles, with the high-E not being over the pole at all. Does that matter?

1point8t

It shouldnt matter a whole lot... kinda like putting normal humbuckers that arent F (Floyd Rose) spaced on a Floyd equipped guitar... you might lose a small amount of output, but probably nothing noticeable.

MV-CTM

you could probably stick some foam next to the pickup to push it toward the strings more

Post to Thread