Kahler 2315's questions

Updated
Leth
So I've just brought a Hanneman which sould arrive in a week or so will post pics when it arrives. Its on 07 Custom Shop model with the Eagle and dot inlays. Having never used a Kahler trem before I have a few questions. Looking around on the net I have found that when doing dive bombs etc the Kahler goes slightly outta tune. Is there anyway to stop this other than a little pull up on the bar??? Does the soldering string joint and 3-1 on the cams work to remedy this? Also are these a pain to intonate? Thx
Llexileon

Congrats on the new guitar!

Use 'reinforced' strings. IE, ones with winding at the ball end for the first inch orso of the string. Ernie Ball make these strings for most gauges.

If you get the guitar pro setup, and use those strings, i doubt you would notice any tuning issues with the Kahler.

Soldering the string in there does kind of work, but its a messy and cheapo alternative to just using the right strings in the first place :lol

Kahlers are easier to adjust/intonate than most other trems. Everything is adjustable both vertically, horizontally, and in terms of tension. You can get it set up to feel / play however you like.

I use Kahlers on all my main recording guitars and have no issues with tuning. Most of the stuff you read online is pretty much 'user error' imo :p

Leth

Thanks

Thats just the info I was after.

I use ernies anyway so decent strings aren't a problem.

Its pretty hard to tell a shop what I want in this respect as I have no base to go from with a Kahler.
I can set a floyd up so will have to have a play around with the intonation on this because of being able to adjust string heights etc.

jaymerfortune

ive never had any problems with strings going out of tune when dive bombing a 2315 kahler trem.

congrats and welcome to the hanny club, one of the best made guitars out there IMO and pretty sure you won't be dissapointed with rurchasing yours.

sean106OCD

I found the 2315 the most stable trem bridge on any guitar I had with a trem; on my ESP-NV-STD (which is probably going on the bay tom, I just need to thin the heard and I am so used to 22 fret guitars) But I have left that thing unplayed for a month or two and it still was in tune (aside from Jayme's comment about Dive bombing, it also stays in tune also) Congrats and welcome.

Post to Thread