Fretbuzz, Thoughts?

Updated
Fretbuzz, Thoughts?
I am having a terrible fret buzz on my ESP M-III. I put a straight edge on my neck all the way down, and it seems perfectly straight. I have raised the bridge on the Floyd to ungodly height. It resolved the buzz on the frets from 1 to 12.. but 13 on down.. is still buzzing and the high e is buzzing even open. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I am trying to avoid taking it to the shop as they are asking for 50usd for a setup on this thing... I am half afraid of what they might find and charge me if this is some sort of fret issue.
metalhobo

The neck should have an amount of relief; it shouldn't be perfectly straight.

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/trussrods.htm

Force

Thanks for the link.

andrei

read all the stuff about adjusting the thus rod, string height, and so on.

then, you may try to set it up yourself, or decide to take it to a shop.

anyhow, if it's the frets (wear / not leveled) you may not be able to adjust it properly before leveling them (level/change+level).

Force

I got it worked out by adjusting the truss. I was able to lower the bridge to a decent height. It isn't as prefect as a pro set up might be, but it is deffo far and above what it was and now is playable/listenable. It will get a pro setup in the future, but for now I am happy. Thanks for the Help.

andrei

im glad it worked out for you.
congrats on your first setup!

it's no big deal, just takes a little pation and prior documentation.
the "pro" would have done the same things as you did, but for cash.
(and maybe not even as good / attentive / with patience)

StimoS

yah, always make sure there is a tiny bow in the neck, then you should be able to comfortable move the floyd up and down for action. Just make sure it is parrellel with the body of the guitar. If it goes out again, a fret is mis seaded

Post to Thread