Question about saddle position.

Updated
mikeson
Hi guys, I have a Floyd Rose bridge and kind of beginner so excuse me about this dumb question. When I see other's guitar, everybody has different saddle position. some has - - -- - - -- and some have - - -- - -- -- However mine is looks like - -- - -- - - Which way is correct way? and can I just change the position? thank you in advance.:)
mikeson

FYI ; the image that I attached is not mine.

metalhobo

The correct way is the way so that the intonation is correct. If your intonation is off, you need to adjust the position of the saddles. If your intonation is dead-on, then your saddle positions are adjusted correctly.

OutlawTorn

exactly what metalhobo said, though my Horizon NT-II was set up before i picked it up, the intonation wasnt set 100% correct, every note on the board after the 12th fret was sharp on it, and i had to get it setup again... make sure who ever does the intonation uses a Strobe Tuner

ScytheMan

it is a matter of intonation,nothing more

ScytheMan

fuck off corrigan?

Matthew

You know it's right if your guitar doesn't sound horrible when you play past the 12th fret.

mikeson

thank you guys.
Have learned many things. :)

LordCliffton

Different is fine. as long as it tunes properly you're golden.

Truth be told, a lot of it has to do with the way the guitar was built & the luthier's attention to detail when assembling it not to mention the accuracy of the CAD program as it was cut on the machine. In the end sometimes they are perfectly straight across and sometimes they are all over. Again, as long as it tunes properly you're golden.
peace

Post to Thread