Ok, this is pretty odd.

Updated
Curt Daddy
I have a dimarzio x2n power plus, so I was lookin for pics to figure out what year mine is from. Well, deal is, my power plus looks like a d-sonic as opposed to the pics I saw that looked like well...x2ns. Whats up with this? is it a mismark or something?? Thanks in advance.
Curt Daddy

its has one bar on one 6 poles on the other, the bottom is stamped;

X2N POWER PLUS
DIMARZIO PICKUPS
MADE IN THE U.S.A.

No model number unlike my newer one which has dual bars and says DP102 on the bottom.

Something tells me this is either a bitch rigged power plus made to be a megadrive. But I have no clue.

Curt Daddy

bump.

Curt Daddy

Yes jet, that does seem much more likely, I got it hooked up now, so ima go see how this thing sounds.

And I know I was a far shot off when I was thinking someone rewound a pickup with one coil from seperate pickups and such.

I'll come back in a bit and see how it sounds.

Sixstringhotshot

You can also measure it's electrical resistance with a multimeter and compare that with the advertised impedances from Dimarzio.

Curt Daddy

K played it, it sounded very much alike the megadrive and the resistance is on par of that of the megadrive...conclusion. Jet, you were right! It sounds badassed. Now to get recording gear.

Post to Thread