LTD MH-250 push pull

Updated
hihi
Hi guys. Before writing this post, i searched the forum but did not find any answer to my question. I've bought this mh250, 2nd hand, whitout a push pull pot, and now i want to install one. What type should i use ? The 250k or the 500k ?
Pharaoh

Hi guys. Before writing this post, i searched the forum but did not find any answer to my question.
I've bought this mh250, 2nd hand, whitout a push pull pot, and now i want to install one.
What type should i use ? The 250k or the 500k ?

It would be a 500k if it's got passives in it, but chances are great that a guitar in that range will not have 4-conductor wiring to split it anyway, even if you had the right switch. :( (I'm thinking it has Duncan Designs in it?)

I could be wrong...best of luck dooder...

hihi

The pickups are passives (EMG ESP). This guitar, initially has got the push pull installed.
Specifications:
Floyd Rose Licensed
EMG-ESP LH-300 Set
Vol / Tone / 3-Way Switch
w/ Push-Pull Coil Split on Tone Control

Thank's for the reply.

Pharaoh

The pickups are passives (EMG ESP). This guitar, initially has got the push pull installed.
Specifications:
Floyd Rose Licensed
EMG-ESP LH-300 Set
Vol / Tone / 3-Way Switch
w/ Push-Pull Coil Split on Tone Control

Thank's for the reply.

hmm...well if you can see the volume pot's value, it should be the same. :)

hihi

I tried that already, but on the vol pot there's nothing written (excpet ALPHA O.o).

Pharaoh

I tried that already, but on the vol pot there's nothing written (excpet ALPHA O.o).

the general rule is that they're passive, they'll have 500k's. You don't often find anything special like 1megs and 300k's in anything that low-end. And 25k's are for the active systems.

500k would be your safe bet.

Alpha's are nice pots. That's not what originally came in those guitars. So they changed the v-pot out as well apparently. Usually you cheap chinese and korean pots from Noble for the econo stuff...

Gil

I put in some coil taps in my Viper and I used 500k Pots and it works fantastically

hihi

I put in some coil taps in my Viper and I used 500k Pots and it works fantastically
So i guess it's clear. A 500k pot is what i need :)

Post to Thread