ESP MX-250 Serial number question

Updated
ESP MX-250 Serial number question

Hi! I have a chance to buy this ESP MX-250 from -96. It looks legit but I'm curious about the serial number. I have checked guitarscollector.com serial-number... but can't find anything about a custom shop starting with the letter Ifor Kiso and so on.. but this number starts with an I and also the serial numbers first digit being an 8 is also rare..?

Frans M.

Pushead

That's not an I, it's the number 1. Guitars from that era (circa 1987-2002) use a different serial number format.

Perhaps it's just an unfortunate reflection, but I'd be concerned about the horizontal line that runs through the headstock just above the volute.

Frans M.

Ok, thanks. Yes, you're right why didn't I think of this. It's only the newer ones that have Custom shop letters... But the first 1 does not look like the othe 1 in the number but it's for sure legit.
It's just a reflection on the headstock

Frans M.

Frans M.

Frans M.

Frans M.

Dmc83

I m interested mate if you don t to buy can your forward me the info please ? Or buy it and sell me it …lol

Pushead

Looks in great shape! Is this a bolt-on? I'm not used to seeing a MX-250 with the circle logo.

Frans M.

You’re right about that with the cirkular logo on the back of the headstock.. It’s a regular set neck though.

ESPEXP

Looks to be made on January 18, 1996.

RH

Did you buy it? If not, Please dm me the seller info, I’ll buy it 

Seth M.

oh, it's beautiful

Rob Bedard

That is an awesome looking guitar. Love it

Brian A.

The guitar is truly awesome. It's also unique. It certainly sounds great too. This is my dream guitar. I saw my angel numbers and was told that the things I wait will soon come true.

Post to Thread