ESP Custom Horizon 3 (Kiso)

Updated
ESP Custom Horizon 3 (Kiso)

Hello all!  Man, I got bit by the ESP bug bad while I was stationed in Japan for three years and when I came back, had to have a few.  I just picked this piece up used off Reverb.com.. Says it was made for Gavin Rossdale while he was doing Institute (side project post Bush era). The guy I bought it from says he bought it from a shop that was selling it on consignment on behalf of Rossdale.  No way to confirm yet, but who cares, this thing is killer and says on the back it’s a custom.  My question is, what does anyone know about these Kiso made customs in terms of quality compared to other custom shops.  I mean I can’t imagine ESP would allow their Custom Shop logo on a guitar that was poorly made or using crappy components.  This thing has Gotoh locking tuners, TonePros fixed bridge, maple neck thru with what looks to be a one piece quartersawn neck and mahogany wings, ebony fretboard with MOP dots and ESP logo at the 12th fret, and bookmatched or not (it looks pretty close to me) the top is stunning.  I don’t know I’ve seen a maple top sunburst as nice as this one and I’ve seen a lot.  Anyhow, just curious what all y’alls take on these Kiso customs is.  I’ve Kisos going for 3 to 4 even 5 grand and some 1400-1800 bucks.  So the used pricing and values seem a little all over the place 

Post to Thread