Players w/old neck-thru (black) ESP.

Updated
Players w/old neck-thru (black) ESP.

Hi folks,

I'm gonna buy me a Custom Shop M-II axe and am doubting between a bolt-on and a neck-thru. I used to have a 12-year old M-II CTM and I noticed that the middle part of the gtr was visible through the black gloss (where the sides were glued together), and therefor am hesitant to go for a neck-thru. I'm also a bit hesitant to go for a bolt-on neck as it's a bit more annoying playing higher notes.. So any players who own an older black neck-thru's??

MetalliDeth

Most neck thru guitars show the middle part on purpose ( i like it).

I personally like neck thru guitars better than boltons or setnecks. My m2 neckthru has a unfinished neck and i love the way ESP cuts the paint off, 

my custom shop neck thru has a black painted neck. They both feel, look, and sound great.

btw my custom shop is from 05 and M2 from 2010. Not too old but getting there

Andrew W.

Is it a solid colour on the body? If so, do you see any difference when you align the gtr so that the sun shines on it while you check the body at a shatp angel? Just curious.  

MetalliDeth

Yes both my guitars are solid glossy black. On the m2 (standard series) i can see the lines very faintly at a angle on the back of the guitar with certain lighting, and less so on the custom shop. Dosent bother me one bit though, its something you gotta look for to see. On the stained finishes they make the neck wood stand out if its neck thru. 

antikue

Afaik every guitar does that if there are any seams. Unless the finish is an inch thick of course. My M-II CTM has very thin finish and the wood grain as well as plank joins are rather clearly visible. It's a good thing - IMO - just a bit less durable

Post to Thread