NGD! ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON I

Updated
NGD! ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON I

SO VERY Happy!! I could not be more pleased. I made a video of it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3xGJr7h-ok&feature=youtu.be

Pushead

Hey Reza, awesome guitar! I love the color. 

You find some of the coolest guitars.

Rezamatix
Pushead wrote:

Hey Reza, awesome guitar! I love the color. 

You find some of the coolest guitars.

Thanks man, I ordered this one from scratch. It's my first custom shop order but not the last!

Pushead

Watched the vid. 8 month turn around is pretty quick, all things considered.  At first I thought it was older with the old-school Horizon text on the headstock. Nice touch.

The Butterslax sounds great, nice and crunchy. What SD are you using at the bridge?

Rezamatix

I had to order something for the bridge so I went with a JB thinking I would immediately swap it for my preferred Arcane Inc Alnico 8 bridge pickup, but the one that came with it is GREAT, I don't need to change it at all.  I love that old school Horizon logo, glad you appreciate it too  

Pushead

Yeah, I've had hit and miss experiences with the JB. I had an old LTD MH (alder with maple neck through) and the JB was a monster in it.  I liked it so much I bought a SS Horizon (mahogany with maple neck through) and was really disappointed. The guitar itself was really nice, but the JB felt low output, like it was sitting too far from the strings. I ended up replacing it.

The clip reminds me of why I liked the JB in that guitar.

Tyberos

Awesome playthrough. I love the color and how the light plays off it at certain angles. Congrats!

Rezamatix
Tyberos wrote:

Awesome playthrough. I love the color and how the light plays off it at certain angles. Congrats!

Thank you! I've played so much my fingers hurt.

Tyberos

Yeah, I've been there but mostly because I'm still learning to play. I need to work on my callouses. 

Big Daddy B

I'll be honest. I am not big into the Horizons but yours looks phenomenal!!

Slatanic.

Dude. Sick guitar! Subscribed aswell

Big Daddy B

I have saved your video as a favorite on youtube. Really enjoyed listening to your playing. Your guitar embodies all the great things about an ESP custom order and you did a fine job in speccing it out!

ESP 348

What a great looking guitar. Love the colour and the finish looks typical of the famous ESP Custom Shop Quality.

What I can't see anywhere is the serial number. Did they not put it on the back of the guitar? Or did I miss it in the video?

Rezamatix

New custom shop guitars have a new stamp back of the neck at the nut

ESP 348

Thanks man, I appreciate the reply. I will have to have another look.

alien.imprint

if you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?  I was lucky enough to order a pair of Horizon NT-II's back when they were doing the Custom Standard thing without having my options put me in the Custom Shop, and now I really want to get another one done

Post to Thread