Old ESP (Custom)Strat- thoughts?

Updated
Tim W.

Hi guys,

I bought this Strat a couple of years ago. It's a wonderful guitar with an amazing sound. The guy who sold it to me told me it was custom-made guitar, built in the late 1980s. As you probably know, guitars built back then cannot really be traced back anymore, because there are no records. When I got in touch with ESP a couple of years ago, they told me it is most likely a Customstrat but couldn't really tell me much more about the guitar. Given it's excellent playability and quality, I have no doubts about it being a special guitar (serial number= 01449). It features an original Floyd Rose, diMarzio pickups and a hockeystick neck. 

Does anyone of you happen to know more about this guitar?

Thanks in advance for your help, folk!

Best wishes,

Tim

Travis L.

I love old ESP's

Dont know much about it but thanks for sharing it! The old banana headstocks are wicked! 

Stonecat

very cool!!!

ESP 348

I also know nothing about it, but it does look very cool! Thanks for posting pics.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

What I'm wondering is where is the serial number? 

Tim W.

Hey guys, thanks for your answers so far  

The serial number is on the backplate. Unfortunately, you can't see it on the pics. 

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Ok. Cool. Just wondering  

ESP 348

Probably on the metal plate where the neck bolts on. Just can't see it in these pics.

Tim W.

Yes, exactly! That's where it is

ESP 348

Too easy.

Tim W.

I have been thinking back and forth over the last couple of days and I have decided to sell the guitar, because I already have another guitar with a Floyd Rose and I hardly play this one and, of course, I could use the money (I already had it on ebay, but unfortunately the guy who bought it withdrew from the contract, because he had bid on two guitars at the same time and then asked me whether I could let him out of this contract...). Do you know a good place where I can sell this guitar to someone who really appreciates its value? Apparently ebay isn't the right place, because people just want to make a bargain.

ESP 348

Reverb perhaps? I haven't bought or sold guitars on there, but many other forum members have without any issues.

Check it out and see what you think Tim.

www.reverb.com

CLT-ESP

Hi Tim,

Did you ever sell this guitar? I'd be interested if you still have it. Send me a message if you don't mind. 

Thanks,

Scott

Post to Thread