Hi I need help about this guitar

Updated
frecho a.

ok one guy want to sell me this used guitar He says the guitar is real custom, I'm not pretty sure about because the serial number doesn't appears in the back top of the fretboard like the pictures I seen in internet and the logo is little bit different please is this a real ESP Ron Wood custom?how much is the value of the guitar?can somebody help with this doubt thanks you very much, I appreciate your help guys.

jt76

Looks like the regular esp signiture one to me.  $900-$1200 in good to excellent condition used.  nice guitar.  Usually see used ones pop up on the online market 4 or 5 times a year

frecho a.

so at the end the guitar isn't a custom? because the price for the real customs are much more expènsive than 1200 and other date the serial is 29336 in the Neck Plate says this something for you.  I appreciate your help thank you very much
best regards frecho

jt76

The custom shop one would have the serial number on the headstock instead of the neck plate.  If it had the circle like this one on the back of the headstock it would say custom shop.   The model you are looking at is the production line model it is equivalent to the Standard Series.   In the mid 90's this guitar would have listed retail for $1400. That is time period appropriate for the circle that says custom guitars inside it.  All of the standard series at this point had the circle that said custom guitars inside it.   I think  a custom shop one would have been about $1000 more.  Custom shop will be better wood selection, better attention to the fine details and better soldering.   However the Standard series are top notch, especially the ones made in the 90's.   In my opinion the difference between the two is best described as a 95% perfect guitar vs 99% perfect guitar.   The difference visually will be noticeble on very close inspection and the audible difference would probably only be noticable using a very high end amp in a very quite room.   You  might noice better sustain from the custom shop, due to a better initial setup, and carefully selected woods.   Hope thats helps

frecho a.

Hi JT76 yes Your answers has been big helpful for me now I'm ready to start to speak with the guy about the guitar and business thank you very much.

Post to Thread