LTD Vulture Olympic White Form Fit Case doesn't fit ?!?

Updated
LTD Vulture Olympic White Form Fit Case doesn't fit ?!?

I've been wanting the James Hetfield LTD Vulture in Olympic White for a few years now since they first started teasing the guitar at festivals a few years back. But now that they are available for purchase I am hesitant to order one because I keep seeing pictures and reading bad reviews about the Olympic White Vulture not fitting properly in the included form fit case leading to damaged guitars. And in most pictures it's clear as day that the shorter wing does not fit into the case. Does anyone have the Olympic White Vulture that has experienced this problem? Or does anyone maybe have both the Black Vulture and White Vulture? Seems the Black Vulture fits into its case no problem compared to the White Vulture. 

Caleb N.

Here is my experience with my 2 vultures, both black satin.  I got my 1st on reverb which is a LTD and when I got it in the mail it was packed perfectly.  No problems.  Then I ordered an ESP from Sweetwater.  I waited 18 months to get it, and if you know anything about Sweetwater, there are multiple quality checks before it leaves their facility.  So it is in and out of the case before it’s sent to you.  Well, when I finally got my ESP, when I opened the case, it was very obviously not pushed into the cavity of the form fitted case.  The foam of the case was somewhat deformed from the guitar not being positioned properly.  No damage occurred in shipping.  So no worries, when my guy at Sweetwater reached out to see how everything is, I told him about it and said just keep that in mind with these guitars, just as an fyi… And the times I’ve tried to put either of my vultures into their cases, you have to make damn sure it’s in there, because it’s very tight form fitted around the body.  So I guess it’s my opinion that it’s up to the person packaging the guitar to make sure it’s secure.  I can’t imagine there would be any difference between the black and white guitars.  I don’t know if this helps, but that was my experience.  

Post to Thread