Just ordered a KH2 Neck Thru

Updated
Nick D.

Hi guys,

Ive been out of the guitar scene for over 10 years. I use to own a ESP KH2 bolt on guitar from the custom shop. It had dual 81’s in it, I think I bought it in 1999. 

Anyways I kick my self for selling it ($2400~ish in 1999) so I got a new KH2 neck thru on order now a 5K axe! 

Anyone on here own both and older bolt on KH2 and a newer neck thru? How’s the quality difference if any? 

Im really hoping for the price the quality is still as good as my old KH2 from the late 90’s. 

Also need to learn about the various Luther’s that make the custom shop stuff. I hear you can tell who made it by the serial number? Something about a K, T or S made axe? 

Thanks and can’t wait to get my guitar back! 

ESP 348

Congrats on the new KH2 Nick.

I am pretty confident that the quality of the new KH2 will be just as good, if not better than your old bolt on KH2. 

The 90's ESP guitars were pretty solid but.

You will love the new KH Bone Breaker pickups also in the new KH2. 

The new serial number system is different to the old serial number system. I don't have the time to explain, but I am sure someone can help or do a search here and you will find some info that will help explain. 

Be sure to post pics up of the guitar when it arrives.  

Jon P.

Just played my bolt on KH2 this morning, fresh back from professional set up and it was a blast.

Maybe it’s only in my head but the modern NTB is going to be better than any bolt on. 

Does anyone know if ESP has improved their neck reinforcement? Mine is floppy in the change of season. 

Guiguitarz

Hi,

As I removed some fretboards from many ESP/LTD guitars, I can tell that the K serial ESP guitars has 2 graphite (carbon?) rods running along the truss rod on each side, covered by a thin piece of maple. Got a picture somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Don't remember that the ESP SS serial have them...

G.

ESP 348

My new sparkle Ouijas are incredible, they are both NTB. 

No idea in regards to the neck reinforcement, pretty sure they are all still 3 piece maple necks for the Hammett guitars. 

My original 2001 bolt on and 2020 sparkle Ouijas are rock solid, so I don't think anything has changed. 

Post to Thread