WTB ESP Kerry King V

Updated
Paul W.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, looking for a 90s Kerry King V , let me know thanks Paul

ESP 348

Welcome to the forum Paul.

There is a black ESP KKV for sale on one of the Facebook groups that I am in.  

Price is pretty good too I reckon. I can try and get some details for you if you're interested Paul?  

Paul W.

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome and yes I would really appreciate more info on the KKV you know about .

ESP 348

Hello Paul,

I had another look and noticed there was a link to it on Ebay now.

Here it is mate, check it out and see what you think.  

RARE! 1997 Kerry King Signature ESP Custom Shop V - COLLECTORS GUITAR! SLAYER! | eBay

Paul W.

Hi thanks for the link, I had already tried to communicate with that seller with no response?? I've made an offer through ebay but I expect it to be ignored ? It has over 160 watchers and been listed numerous times on ebay ?

Don't know if you guys have had thd same problem but trying to do deals on anything these days is like pulling teeth, no one really knows where the true market is anymore, guitars are being listed with massive prices and they sit for ever? People are calling every single pre 2000 guitar rare then putting a huge price on it??

Jesse R.

The guy who is selling the kerry king is not the owner. It’s his friends. I talked to him last year about the guitar. It did take some time to hear back from him. He wasn’t really motivated to sell it for a lesser price then he listed it for. I hope this helps and best of luck on your search. If I find anything I’ll be sure to let you know 

Paul W.

Thanks for the info Jesse thats great, is he right that only 50 were made ? I just thought ESP would have cashed in on the name a bit more than only 50 guitar sales ??

Jesse R.

No problem Paul. I do believe there is 50 black but I’m not 100% sure. I was gonna buy one many many years ago and I passed. It was cheap at the time. Good luck, I don’t see many of these pop up for sale very often 

Paul W.

OK, I really appreciate your expertise on this, I'm usually an ibanez Jem Universe guy, although I've always admired the ESP guitars. Gaining knowledge from you guys is great. I also see that lots of the ESP sig models and customs have hit big money, when it comes to ESP I'm not surprised as it does appear production numbers on this stuff is low . You just can't beat 90's metal right !

ESP 348

I can't help anymore with this guitar sorry Paul, but it IS signed by KK, it's rare and they don't come up for sale often so I would be jumping all over it man.

You only live once mate, buy it, play it and enjoy.  

Wish you all the best with it and please let us know what happens.  

Poop M.

Best of luck to you. I was able to pick one up through reverb last week. It was a long time searching. 

Paul W.

The seller of that KK does not respond to emails or phone calls, thats why its still for sale? I can't hit the buy now without discussing shipping to the UK first. I just bought a Jackson Dave Mustaine King V from Florida for 2k so its not that I'm not serious about these collectors guitars . If the seller doesn't want to sell it then I can't buy it ???

Cheers for your help though guys 

Manuel B.

Hello,

I believe the 50 made were the crackle custom shop, 25 in black white and red and 25 season of abyss I believe, I might be wrong tho.

im going to use this thread to ask what would be this guitar worth, I have one and I have no idea if they are valuable or not.

btw im not looking to sale…. Sorry

here’s a photo:

Poop M.

Here’s a photo of mine  Kerry king standard

Manuel B.

Does your tremolo say Kahler on it or is it a Japanese copy?

also what year is yours?

Paul W.

I think they are worth around the 2k mark, they are still just a bolt on neck and no thrills. You are  paying for the fact its now a rare guitar and a cult following . Just my opinion 

Post to Thread