Robb Flynn with the green flame JH-1

Updated
Robb Flynn with the green flame JH-1

I'd mentioned over the years that James didn't have the guitar anymore. He gave (loaned?) it to Robb Flynn of Machine Head at a time when Robb had a few guitars stolen, including a guitar that was given to him by Dimebag.

I could never find proof of it (after seeing a video a bunch of years ago of Robb playing it in this studio.) I thought I had dreamed it, because no one else seemed to have heard it.

Finally, confirmation that I haven't lost my mind (or at least, not about this.)

BroKV

Oh, you’ve lost your mind, buddy

ESP 348

Shit aye, there you go!!  

Adric M.

Can only dream.   Glad it is being played though.  Hate when stuff sits in collections. 

Darrin T.

That’s amazing that he got the Dimebag guitar back. 

Darrin T.

James tells the story of giving Rob the guitar in his book “Messengers”. As someone who had equipment stolen before, James understood. Pretty awesome of James to do that. 

bri o.

While it's possible that James Hetfield did lend his guitar to Robb Flynn during a time of need, the absence of substantial documentation or widespread knowledge about this occurrence may make it difficult to find concrete proof. To further enhance the intensity of Slope Game, a pulsating soundtrack accompanies your every move.

Post to Thread