ESP KH-2 ouija guitar

Updated
David G.

Hello-

First post here.  I appreciate any response or feedback.
Back in 1996 I bought a KH-2 ouija from a now closed music store in Seattle called Zobrist music.  It has sat in my closet now unused for around 15 years. Recently I replaced some of the floyd rose parts with OEM and it needs a couple other small repairs, but it's still  near excellent condition (which I'm proud of since I bought as a 17 year old).

Where is the best place to sell something like this?  I play classical guitar now, and will probably buy a LTD to have an electric , but I don't use this KH-2 anymore. I noticed there was one selling on reverb for some stupid price around 20k.

image attached

Thank you,
Dave

ESP 348

Welcome Dave!

That is a stunning Ouija you have there.

You have one of the early ones with the skull and crossbone inlays. The later ones came with the moon and crescent inlays. 

There are plenty of places you can sell your Ouija man. Here for one, someone may contact you to do a deal with you.

Or you can list on your local Facebook market place, Facebook ESP group pages or Ebay or Reverb. There are many different online places to list for sale these days mate. 

In regards to it's value, and I know this market quite well. These original Ouijas are very collectable, but I think buyers more prefer the Ouijas with the moon and crescent inlay, rather than the skull and crossbone inlays because that's what Kirk used back in the day. 

Not to say your guitar isn't collectable or has no value, just stating what I know. 

If your guitar comes with the COA, hang-tags and original hardcase and it's in mint condition which it looks to be, then I would place it's value around US $5000 to US $6000.

I don't know where you saw that one for sale for $20K, but these don't normally sell for that asking money man. 

I hope this helps mate. If you need to know anything, just ask as we are more than happy to help out.

P.S- I sent you a friend request. 

Adric M.

Hey brother.  I have one of these exact guitars as well. I am interested in buying it.  DM me and we can see what we can do. Thanks. 

David G.

Thanks for the replies.  This is very helpful.  Those prices I saw were ask prices, and clearly are too high.

The COA is a source of bitterness for me because the employee gave me a COA but it doesn't match my guitar.  My theory is that they had two KH-2s for sale, one with ouija and one all black, and I think the employee gave me the COA for the other guitar.  Of course I didn't check to make sure they matched, I was a teenager and didn't think of it.

If it's worth 5-6k and even less without COA, then I might hang onto it.  That's likely not enough money for me to consider parting ways with it.  I'd rather keep as a family heirloom, maybe pass it on to my daughter one day.  I have to think about it.

one other personal side story about that guitar too- when I bought it Layne Staley came into the store to pick up some audio equipment.  I was never a big Alice in Chains fan, but I never forgot that he was standing next to me.

ESP 348

Cheers for sharing David, that definitely sucks to hear about the COA. :( 

I would keep it mate, but that's just me lol They are definitely not $20K guitars and I don't think they ever will be. 

Obviously you're not in a hurry to sell, so perhaps put up a number that you were hoping to get and you may never know your luck. There is always someone out there with too much money lol. 

I know of around 4 or 5 that have sold in the last 12 months and they were not mint condition like your guitar, but they never sold for US $5000 or $6000 either. They sold for a lot less. 

Cool story about Layne also.  

Ken D.

Hi did you sell the Ouija yet ? Thanks!

Dmc83

More pics ?

Dmc83

Sold ?

Dmc83

That guitars is for me « « « 

Post to Thread