Henkka t blacksmith bass

Updated
Anthony M.

Anyone interested in selling their htb-600 henkka t blacksmith bass (the white 2011 model specifically). Settle for the black one though. Please let me know, thank you 

Nathan M.

There's a B-stock black model on reverb. I've been debating on buying it, but international shipping is rough. https://reverb.com/item/41498614-esp-ltd-htb-600-henkka-blacksmith-b-stock-black?show_sold=true

Anthony M.

I was debating too but like you said, international is a killer. I'm in NJ and was going to get the pink sawtooth Edward's but after shipping and tax it was almost 2,000. So I have the greeny 600 and pre ordered the hexed 600

Nathan M.

Just keep your eye out for the Edwards. They are going down in price. I got my pinky under 1k after all fees shipped from Japan prior to Alexi's passing. I've seen a couple for about $1,300 after shipping lately. This shop seems to get a fair amount of the Alexi guitars: https://reverb.com/shop/daniels-shop-897 I've gotten my pinky and katakana models from them. 

Looks like that HTB-600 actually sold. Hopefully you got it... these don't typically go for much less than 1300, so even with international shipping it's a solid buy. I just got an F-1004 instead for my bass needs.... "close enough"

Anthony M.

I'm dying for the pinky model, that has always been my favorite. If they didnt release the hexed I would have went for a pinky. I felt obligated for the hexed as it was his last model/sort of tribute model

Nathan M.

For sure. I ordered an E-II Ripped and LTD Hexed. For what it's worth as well, my Alexi-600 Greeny is my go to even compared to the Edwards Pinky/katakana models. I like the scallops of the Edwards, but everything else just feels/sounds better on my LTD for some reason. 

Anthony M.

Wasnt to hot and heavy for the ripped honestly, the hexed is a work of art though. And agreed, my greeny 600 is buttery smooth going up and down the neck, love that thing

Nathan M.

I really like slanted single coils in the neck position. I have one in my MH-1000 and use it all the time. The only thing I don't like about the ripped is it's a matte finish. They are just so annoying to take care of and end up looking worse as you play them (imo). Would have been cool to have satin hardware too, but minor preference there. I would really like to get an ESP version of the Hexed, but it's hard justifying $5,000+ on a guitar on my budget. 

Did you get an ETA on your LTD Hexed? I think I was told mid November for mine. I already sourced an EMG ABQ eq/boost for when I get it. 

Anthony M.

Yeah I cant justify $5,000 either as much as I'd like to, especially back in 2010 +/- the ESP Alexi models were 2,000-2500 most. And around the end of November for mine was my ETA. what straps do you use? I want one for my guitars but dont know what a good style/brand is

Nathan M.

I just use the padded 3" ESP strap (made by Levy's I think) that came with one of my guitars. Great strap that's held up very well over the years. I like the padded leather ones because they help 'reduce' the effects of neck dive. 

I'm still trying to find a strap lock system I like. I use Schaller, but they rattle and are uncomfortable when playing sitting on the V guitars. I had a dunlop fail once, so I don't use those anymore. I need to order a set of the Gotoh ones, but I'm waiting to see how the "ESP strap locks" on my E-II ripped are first. They are probably Schaller style, but hard to say until I get it. 

David S.

@Anthony M.  I am currently selling the original black model. Are you still looking? I'll more pics if so... I have upgraded the pickup blend control, (the original sucked). Dunlop straplock. All else original. Great shape. I just don't play it anymore. Was going to put it on ebay soon...

David S.

Anthony M.

How much are you looking for?

David S.

Hey there. I just noticed that I mentioned the wrong guy.. Anyway, I was hoping to get $800. It also has an ESP case that I forgot to mention.

David S.

David S.

Just yesterday I had put it on consignment at a local music store. If we strike a deal or you need more pics, I need to go back there and get it

Anthony M.

How much to ship to nj? Also what shop? If they ship and itll be cheaper to ship on there part I'll go through them 

David S.

I'd rather pull it from them and give you a deal on the shipping if that's doable. I suggest doing be an ebay purchase so we would be covered.I can also set the auction for returns accepted. Their seller fees are much more reasonable than the 25% commission they take at the music store.(It's also going for $900 there to try and cover the commission) Let me see about the shipping rate when I get back home and can go to a UPS store. But I'm thinking around $50?

David S.

How about a city and zip code? to make an estimate?

David S.

Just made a friend request so maybe don't have to share anymore on the public thread

Post to Thread