NGD ESP KH-1

Updated
NGD ESP KH-1

Well... I got it

Splinter288

Congratulations, looks great.  Enjoy

ESP 348

Sensational!! Congrats and enjoy mate, sits perfectly next to the Explorer!

Manuel B.

Thanks! Metallica 1991!

the only things I want to know is why the headstock is longer 

Henrik S.

Awesome.

1991 was the Metallica year, I saw them at Monsters of Rock the 10 of august at Gentofte Stadium. 

BlackJack21

Congrats man, looks awesome with the MX-250.

Breadfan32

Nice !

Sebi

Congrats on the axe 

Manuel B.

Thank you all, right now is at the doctor getting a setup.

does anyone have nice info on this guitars?

ESP 348

I don't have real exciting info on these guitars for you, but you are very lucky to own one as that are somewhat rare and everyone is always wanting to buy one. 

I have 10 people lined up to buy mine if I ever want to sell it lol. So you will have no trouble selling this guitar later on if you have to.

You don't see too many of these bolt on ones around and the MV290 neck-thru versions are even more rare.

From what I understand, the bolt on versions were made for the 'rest of the world' and they came with COA and hardcase.

The MV290s were made locally for the Japanese market and they came with no COA and the soft leather gig bag instead of a hardcase. I think I have seen them as early 1992 from their serial numbers.

I have seen various versions of these guitars also. Some with no serial numbers, some with. Some come with the KH sig on the headstock, some don't. Some come with dual EMG pickups, but most have the single EMG pickup. Some come with the ESP Custom Guitars logo on the back of the headstock, some without.

And this guitar is no longer available to be purchased from ESP because the dancing devil inlay was used from a tinned ham logo from an American food company called Underwood that made tinned ham spreads and shit lol.

They are all very very cool and amazing guitars and you will love your guitar. Congrats again and enjoy mate. 

Manuel B.
ESP 348 wrote:

I don't have real exciting info on these guitars for you, but you are very lucky to own one as that are somewhat rare and everyone is always wanting to buy one. 

I have 10 people lined up to buy mine if I ever want to sell it lol. So you will have no trouble selling this guitar later on if you have to.

You don't see too many of these bolt on ones around and the MV290 neck-thru versions are even more rare.

From what I understand, the bolt on versions were made for the 'rest of the world' and they came with COA and hardcase.

The MV290s were made locally for the Japanese market and they came with no COA and the soft leather gig bag instead of a hardcase. I think I have seen them as early 1992 from their serial numbers.

I have seen various versions of these guitars also. Some with no serial numbers, some with. Some come with the KH sig on the headstock, some don't. Some come with dual EMG pickups, but most have the single EMG pickup. Some come with the ESP Custom Guitars logo on the back of the headstock, some without.

And this guitar is no longer available to be purchased from ESP because the dancing devil inlay was used from a tinned ham logo from an American food company called Underwood that made tinned ham spreads and shit lol.

They are all very very cool and amazing guitars and you will love your guitar. Congrats again and enjoy mate. 

Ahaha amazing, you’re right! Devilled ham, I just looked into it.

well I sent an email to ESP to check on the guitar, the only thing that’s puzzling me it’s the different headstock, I searched a lot and haven’t find any like it online yet.

ESP 348
Manuel B. wrote:

Ahaha amazing, you’re right! Devilled ham, I just looked into it.

well I sent an email to ESP to check on the guitar, the only thing that’s puzzling me it’s the different headstock, I searched a lot and haven’t find any like it online yet.

Cool man, see what ESP reckons.

It's definitely legit, you know it, I know it and ESP knows it lol

Will be interesting to see if they can supply an extra info in regards to that headstock. Highly unlikely, but see what happens.

I double checked pics of KH1 bolt on and it's definitely more rounded compared to this one.

I checked pics of another friends MV290 and it's definitely more rounded also.

I checked some pics of another 2x different MV290s that I know of and they are definitely more rounded than yours also lol

Interesting stuff. I wonder if the builder on the day made a mistake and "made" the wrong headstock for it? That could be a possibility.

mihnea
ESP 348 wrote:

Resurrecting this tread only to correct you, Pap, my november 1993 MV290 NTB made for the Japanese market came with COA, I had never realized a COA for a NTB MV290 was such a rare thing but it turns out to be indeed, after speaking with a collector on FB who owns 2 of them, and neither of them came with COA according to him. Who knows? 

Metalus Maximus

Looks awesome!

ESPEXP

Kirk’s 2nd KH-1 has that headstock. Maybe when they were building yours, they were moving towards using this version of the headstock?

Manuel B.

Yes I also noticed that His original KH-1 also has the longer headstock. I have no ideia if they did a série with that or they change the mold because of Gibson or whatever

Jordan S.

Whoa! What a pair!!

Manuel B.

Everything a man likes comes in pairs XD

Manuel B.

I’m tired of searching and I haven’t find any KH-1 or MV-290 with this headstock... I’m going bananas!

BlackJack21

Without a serial number on the headstock it might be a prototype. Did you figure out the year from the plate?

Manuel B.

It’s from 1994, the serial on the plate it’s 18700

BlackJack21

hmm ok, looks like that's the year when it started for the US market.

Post to Thread