Help with KH VIntage

Updated
Help with KH VIntage

Hey everyone. I just preordered a KH VINTAGE. I had a few questions for anyone who has one. Is the back of the neck finished in satin or just as glossy as the body? I have a 2020 KH-2 with the laser etched bone breakers and the neck on it is awesome, feels great with a satin finish. Also, how do these 2 guitars compare? People seem to love their vintages, are they truly much better than a standard KH? Thank you in advance to all those who reply. 

Breadfan32

I’ve owned two vintages before and the necks were gloss.  Great guitars but I never bonded with either.

I also have a KH2 NTB with the satin neck and I prefer it over the vintage.  

Rui C.

Hmmm, interesting, thanks for your reply. What year is your KH? If you don’t mind me asking?

Breadfan32

2016 new logo style on back of headstock and battery ashtray cover.  

Pims

I've had 2 also, one from 2017 and another from 2008, I have pictures of both necks. They are glossy (and an orange shade for which you can clearly see the maple)  unlike my cs neckthru which is satin

Breadfan32
Pims wrote:

I've had 2 also, one from 2017 and another from 2008, I have pictures of both necks. They are glossy (and an orange shade for which you can clearly see the maple)  unlike my cs neckthru which is satin

I prefer my CS NTB satin neck over the vintage necks same as you described 

alebtart

It's gloss but not overly gloss like a painted neck.

Rui C.

Ok. I appreciate everyone replying. I’ve just looked at multiple photos and some look less glossy than others. I know the neck on the vintage is tinted to replicate age, I’m just hoping that the feel is the same as the KH. Maybe they vary from guitar to guitar depending on who sprays it? 

Pims

Rui C.

Pims, thanks for the pix. Definitely puts my mind at ease. 

Ethel E.

Good post!

Post to Thread