ESP MX-220 on Reverb (Sold)

Updated
ESP MX-220 on Reverb (Sold)

There's a MX-220 on Reverb for those interested. I saw this guitar a few years back through Erick, but I don't think he ended up purchasing it.

https://reverb.com/item/36975419-esp-mx-220-original-80-s-explorer-james-hetfield-metallica-mojo-all-mahogany-with-emg-epic-tone

Raining Hell

right on my man!

Lluis  A.

No serial number?

ESPEXP

I've seen one without it on the back of the headstock, and I think that it was a custom shop order. So the serial number might be written on the inside of the pickup cavity. Since this isn't a "standard" MX-220, it most likely was a custom order in my opinion.

Splinter288

In the cavity or actually on the pickups?

ESPEXP

In the cavity. I've never actually owned one with it, but that's what I've seen.

Splinter288
ESPEXP wrote:

In the cavity. I've never actually owned one with it, but that's what I've seen.

Awesome.  Thanks for the pic

FlameToBlack

"Predicted to Sell Soon

Only 1 available and 3 other people have this in their carts"

3 people are ready to drop some serious money on this guitar ($12K+)! 

Pushead

The belly cut seems odd to me. But it helps reinforce the idea that it was custom ordered.

ESPEXP

I didn't like the belly cut either.

Splinter288

I was hoping it was a bad shadow in the picture 

Vadesne  F.

this guitar was on sale today in France! I contacted the seller he wanted 15,000 euros, I told him about the cutout on the back and asked him if it was an original esp! since he has withdrawn the ad

Xur

I can confirm that it was indeed sold to someone in France

Vadesne  F.

this person is trying to sell it for 15000 !! and when I pointed out certain things to him on the guitar he deleted the ad

Vadesne  F.

Voici une annonce intéressante que je viens de trouver sur Leboncoin : https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/1884471524.htm

she is back ! obviously this person of the esp has prices that resemble those of Essex

what do you think of this guitar? original?

Post to Thread