Edwards E-Flying Freiheit

Updated
Edwards E-Flying Freiheit

Just got this piece of "artwork" in my collection recently 
Signature model for Revo of Linked Horizon
"Flying Freiheit"
(the guy who did the opening theme song for Attack on Titan)

This is the Edwards version which is basically for the Japanese market
Exclusive hard case
Exclusive hard shell case with Linked Horizon's logo that comes with this model.

The full view of the guitar.

The headstock, which symbolizes the 1st opening theme of Attack on Titan
"Crimson Bow & Arrow". (Okay, I know there's only the arrow.)

The "Survey Corps" style metal shield logo of Revo's band"Linked Horizon".

Linked Horizon logo and chains.

The "Wings of Freedom". (2nd opening theme of Attack on Titan)
Which is really quite amazing that they actually made the wings 3D, considering it's only a production model.

The "Stone Wall" that confines freedom.
(The ESP version of this will have an actual sculpted tail which really looks like cracked stone.)

Another full view of the guitar.

A last photo of this beauty against the wall.

Subaru555

Holy moly, that is awesome. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. 

Davis H.

Thanks pal

alebtart

Sick axe man!  I only managed to get through the first season of Attack on Titan but great to see ESP doing collaborations. Planning to get the Miku guitar? 

Davis H.

Yeah me too haha, I only watched the first season and then the original manga.
As for the Miku guitar, no plans right now cause I'll be getting my Custom Ordered ESP just in a few months, still have to make the final payment so won;t be able to afford anything for a while

ESP 348

Awesome guitar man! Congrats and enjoy.  

Davis H.

Thanks man \m/

Sebastian T.

A bit of Necrobump, but how is she ?

How's the quality /playability ?

I wanted to order one but It's always hard without playing it first.

Davis H.

The build quality's really good, just what you'll expect from their Edwards line.
There are some slight finish imperfections at where the "Wing" parts meets the "Stone" part but it's just aesthetics.

Playability-wise, the neck is slightly thicker and rounder than regular ESP/E-II's "Thin U" shape, which feels really comfortable to me.
The body balances surprisingly well when standing up, and also feels really good when resting your picking hand on it despite the shape.

What I don't like about it is that it has medium frets rather than Jumbos, and refretting would be a pain in the ass because of the finish(graphics and logos) on the fretboard.
Also the neck heel kinda gets in your way on the higher frets.

Overall I'd say this is more of a display/collecting piece, sounds great(pretty bright sounding), and fun to play. But you wouldn't want to use it as a work horse.

Hope that helps you

Post to Thread