OUIJA LTD Red Sparkle - unusual COA

Updated
OUIJA LTD Red Sparkle - unusual COA

LTD Ouija Red Sparkle for sale - instrument looks like a normal guitar, but COA is something I never saw before. It's printed on red paper instead of common cream colored paper.

What's going on here?

This guitar also has custom painted pick-up covers, likely bought from fellow forum member G

ESP 348

This is common man. And from memory, I think it was mainly from the early run of LTD Ouijas that I noticed these coloured COAs.

I have seen them printed in red like this for the red LTD Ouijas.

I have seen them printed in purple for the purple LTD Ouijas.

I have seen them printed in yellow for both coloured LTD Ouijas.

And then the regular cream coloured COA for both LTD Ouijas.

I can't explain it, but it's definitely something unique.

And they are G's custom LTD Ouija pickup covers which are amazing!

FlameToBlack

"it was mainly from the early run of LTD Ouijas that I noticed these coloured COAs"

I guess we need to know which serial numbers were in early run to confirm your theory.

This guitar is SN 124. I would think that lower SNs indicate earlier make, but that may not be the case. For example, I own one with SN in teens and it came with a common colored COA.

I also handled several guitars with SNs below 100 and they also have cream colored COAs. 

ESP 348

It was just an observation the lower end of the serial numbers because I was thinking I noticed these coloured COAs when these guitars first came out, hence the lower serial numbers.

I had a good think about it again last night, I reckon the coloured COAs had a lot to do with the dealers selling them.

I reckon they kept the original COA and colour copied these COAs in red, purple and yellow to hand out with these guitars.

FlameToBlack

"I reckon they kept the original COA and colour copied these COAs in red, purple and yellow to hand out with these guitars."

Wouldn't that be fraud if dealers replaced original paper with a copy? In essence people who bought these guitars with colored certificates have been deprived original paperwork. But then again, cream colored certificates are not really signed by Kirk himself, they just have a facsimile of his signature.

ESP 348
FlameToBlack wrote:

"I reckon they kept the original COA and colour copied these COAs in red, purple and yellow to hand out with these guitars."

Wouldn't that be fraud if dealers replaced original paper with a copy? In essence people who bought these guitars with colored certificates have been deprived original paperwork. But then again, cream colored certificates are not really signed by Kirk himself, they just have a facsimile of his signature.

Yeah man, not signed by Kirk so I don't really think it's an issue.

May have just been a way for the dealers to drum up sales by selling them with coloured COAs or even just bring attention to themselves by doing this.

I don't see anything wrong with it myself.

Breadfan32
ESP 348 wrote:

May have just been a way for the dealers to drum up sales by selling them with coloured COAs or even just bring attention to themselves by doing this.

If you bought a guitar from someone that came with the COA from ESP and they made a new one to keep the original you would be ok with that ??? 

FlameToBlack
Breadfan32 wrote:

If you bought a guitar from someone that came with the COA from ESP and they made a new one to keep the original you would be ok with that ??? 

Exactly my point!

This is not original certificate and it actually opens possibilities for making additional non-authorized certificates. The scan the seller used to print colored copy can also be used for altering the SN on COA and printing fake one for another guitar. 

Also, I am sure there's copyright protection that prohibits making any copies of COAs, so if you are an official ESP dealer and violate the copyright you can get into legal trouble with ESP and lose your selling privileges.

ESP 348
Breadfan32 wrote:

If it wasn't signed by Kirk, then nah................wouldn't bother me at all.

Jesse R.

I have LTD purple sparkle Ouija #3 and the COA is the standard cream color, I was wondering this also as I have seen a few with different color coa’s 

Snakebite

I think they are just random.

I have a fairly low serial # purple sparkle with a cream coa as well.

Post to Thread