Mx220 fit in a MX-II case?

Updated
Mx220 fit in a MX-II case?

Do any of the ESP MX owners know if a MX220 fits in a newer MX-II case. I’m guessing the body would since it is more rounded off but I have no idea about the headstock.

ESPEXP

Yes it does.

Papa Fiq

I would think it’ll fit but I believe there would be some loose spaces in the case. Cause the edges of the mx-220 and the m-II aren't exactly the same although very minimal differences

Lluis  A.

I have a MX-II case, if anyone want to sell me a MX220.... i could try

M.U.Y.A.

You still have the case for the mx2? I'm looking for a case... 

Splinter288

Thanks for the responses

hiroshi W.

I asked ESP and got the answer that it would fit, so I'm using it.

Below is a reference photo.

Metallifuk866

what are good cases to buy for an mx? I'm looking to get an LTD and also need a new one for the ken lawrence... while we're at it, what case would fit the old LTD V200?

Pushead

There aren't a lot of good cases for Explorers. The MX doesn't fit into a Gibson Explorer case, or at least it doesn't fit into my mid 90s Gibson case. I have one of the SKB Explorer shaped cases and the MX-II fits into it, but it's not as tight a fit as I'd like. With as big and goofy looking as the SKB is, I guess they're hedging their bets on guitars that it would fit (also seems to fit whatever the ridiculous BC Rich shape is called. The beast?)

I also have the SKB V shaped case. Again, seems like a good enough case, but it doesn't fit any of my V shapes particularly well. I use folded towels to help take up the extra space around it.

SKB Explorer Case

SKB V Case

If you can find them, the ESP branded TKL Case for the MX is a pretty good case. But they're pricey and don't pop up too often.

Metallifuk866

Yeah I have a tkl mx case and it got flooded out by Hurricane Sandy. Kinda liking for a new one, also the headstock on my kl touches the side so that's less than ideal

metalhobo

seems skb cases don't really fit anything very tightly. the skb strat case I have is pretty dang loose with my charvel, too. I've tried it with my other strats, including a fender, and the same thing. it's sturdy, durable, and well padded though, so I'm not really worried about the guitar jostling around. maybe they make it kind of loose of purpose? I'm sure it's not rocket science to make case which fits a strat tightly. but I'm not sure what the advantage of the looseness would be.

Post to Thread