WTB ESP JH1, JH2, JH3

Updated
WTB ESP JH1, JH2, JH3

Hey guys. I know this is a tall order haha (I've been hunting for years and missed out quite a few times), but I'm still looking for a JH1, a JH2, and a JH3 for my collection. I can pay appropriately! Thanks!!! 

ESP 348

Buy them all and enjoy brother. Life is too short, don't let them slip through your fingers this time.

I will be sure to let you know if I see anything for sale.

aimusic

Haha, that's what I'm thinking too. Thanks so much man. Any help with finding one of these is so so appreciated! 

Xur

Join the que . I’m also still looking for a JH1 and JH2

aimusic

Hahaha, trust me I've been in the queue for a loooooong time.   

Jesse R.

I have a jh3 but I don’t think I could sell it. I’ve been looking for jh1 and jh2 for years. Good luck brother 

aimusic

Good luck to you as well!!! Don’t part with your JH3!!! But post some pics  

Jesse R.

aimusic

Actual Man to Wolf? That’s one nice collection!

Jesse R.
aimusic wrote:

Actual Man to Wolf? That’s one nice collection!

It’s not a real wolf and man explorer. I found it on eBay awhile ago. It plays nice but not as nice as a real ESP explorer. 

ESP 348

Great collection of guitars Jesse.

ESP 348

Sent you a friends request and PM aimusic. Check it out please.

Pushead

So, what do people think the actual market value is on these guitars right now? Not what people are asking, but what people would actually pay.

Tcmetallica

I'm also looking for JH1 and JH2 if anyone knows of any for sale right now (not for 10k )

Thanks! 

Xur

I know someone who sells a Jh2 for 10k. As new, with coa and case. The JH2 is top on my wishlist, but 10k is just crazy

ESP 348

Just buy it bro, life is too short! I can't stress that enough, just buy it and enjoy man.

If you are happy to spend $8K (or whatever it is you want to spend on one), then what's another $2K or whatever to purchase your dream guitar.

A guitar that you will play and enjoy hopefully for the next 50+ years, all going well lol. 

If you break down the cost of $10K over that amount of time, it has cost you next to fuck all over that time to own and play such an amazing instrument.

I would pay $10K if this was my dream guitar, that's cheap. We are not talking about $200K+ vintage Les Pauls here, $10K is cheap for such an iconic ESP guitar that will never go down in value. In another 20 years time these will probably be $20K guitars and you will kick yourself for not paying $10K for it lol.

Xur
ESP 348 wrote:

Just buy it bro, life is too short! I can't stress that enough, just buy it and enjoy man.

If you are happy to spend $8K (or whatever it is you want to spend on one), then what's another $2K or whatever to purchase your dream guitar.

A guitar that you will play and enjoy hopefully for the next 50+ years, all going well lol. 

If you break down the cost of $10K over that amount of time, it has cost you next to fuck all over that time to own and play such an amazing instrument.

I would pay $10K if this was my dream guitar, that's cheap. We are not talking about $200K+ vintage Les Pauls here, $10K is cheap for such an iconic ESP guitar that will never go down in value. In another 20 years time these will probably be $20K guitars and you will kick yourself for not paying $10K for it lol.

Thanks for the wise words mate, sure you have a point which made me reconsider. But like I said, the JH-2 is top on my list. I don't want to spend all my money on just one guitar, since I have some other great guitars on my whishlist. It's also a dream to let Ken Lawrence make me a personal explorer one day. Although I can and would only agree with your vision as you explained, I also have to think carefully about the choices I want to make since money isn't limitless. Damn expensive hobby ;-) 

ESP 348

I totally get that mate, money is hard to come by these days so you have to spend wisely. If you ask me, a mint JH2 is a wise way to spend your money lol.

You did say the JH2 is at the top of the list and I am sure you have a figure in your head as to what you want to pay for a JH2.

So you take that figure, add a little more to it and buy this mint JH2 for $10K. Or make an offer on it at least lol.

Not unless you're thinking you can buy one for $5K, then you will never get one and it will remain a life long dream. But fuck that shit!

The KL guitar is a good choice also, but don't stress there my friend. I have it on good authority that it's pretty much a 4 year wait for one of his guitars now.

So here is what I would do.......... (I like spending other peoples money)

Spend a "little bit" more than you want to pay for a JH2 and buy that mint JH2 now while you still can.

Then save the deposit for the KL, pay the man his deposit and then you have up to 4 years to pay that guitar off which is plenty of time.

I have saved up and spent AU $50K+ on guitars in the last 2 years or so. These ESP Hammett guitars are killing me lol.

But they are worth every cent and life is too short mate, you need to spend money and enjoy because you can't take it to the grave with you man.

Splinter288

I know you picked up the red and purple ouija. What else in the past couple of years?

ESP 348
Splinter288 wrote:

I know you picked up the red and purple ouija. What else in the past couple of years?

Natural Ouija, Demonology and Purple Sparkle.

RH

I have a mint JH2 that I worked my ass off to purchase a few years ago. At the time, I paid more than the market price but now it’s less than the market price. I see what they are going for now and I know I made the right decision. I won’t ever sell it but if you really want one you’re just going to have to bite the bullet and spend the money. They aren’t going to get any cheaper. I recently decided to buy a KL. I’ve emailed him and will have my deposit ready by January and it’ll be a 4-5 year wait. Break that down it’s about $90 a month over that span. I never thought I’d own a JH2 or even considered owning a KL, but here I am. I hope you’re able to get one, good luck man! 

ESP 348

Heya mate,

Totally agree with your post in regards to the JH2 and the KL guitar.

You will never lose on a JH2. Especially one in mint condition, as long as you take care of it.

And paying off the KL is the easiest and best way to do it.

I am going to order the ESP Kirk Hammett White Zombie guitar January next year. That will cost me around AU $20K and I will have around 3 years to pay it off.

That's around $400 a month once the deposit is paid. So that is very easy in my current financial situation to pay it off over the next 3 years or so.

RaulTx

Wow, now it's a 4-5 years wait for a KL explorer? when I ordered mine, it was a 2,5 years wait.. it seems that he's getting more and more orders lately.

Regarding the JH-2 and spending $10k.. I agree with Xur that maybe it's just too much, even it being on the top of his list. Just my opinion.

As Xur has stated, this is a "damn expensive hobby" xD but we love it!

ESP 348

Yep, crazy isn't it. Surely there has to be a time when Ken stops taking orders.

4+ year wait for one of his guitars is crazy. I mean it's good for the buyer to place an order and then pay it off with ease.

But the pressure he is putting on himself to keep pumping these guitars out the door is crazy.

I guess the time will come but one day when he stops making these guitars and I am sure their value will not only hold steady as they already do, they will probably increase in value also.

And Ken ain't no spring chicken either lol. He better hope his health holds up over the next 4+ years to fulfill customers orders.

Mazze F.

I've been looking for a Jh 3 for a long time, I had a chance a while back to get one but the funding fell through (A couple of my investor friends backed off) :-(

I got the Jh 1 quite easy (at a good cost) and it seems there's a couple of them on Reverb from time to timde but the prices are ridiculous nowadays..

The Jh 2 has ALWAYS been my dream guitar and it cost bit of money but nevertheless I got it and haven't regretted buying it EVER !! :-)

Good luck with your search!!

Rock on 

ESP 348

Great to hear Mazze! Life is short mate, so enjoy every minute of it and spend spend spend on dream guitars!

We are merely custodians of these fine ESP instruments for a short time only, we don't own them forever. One day our time will come to depart this earth and we will have to sell or give these instruments away to the next owner.

So buy them all, play them all and enjoy them as much as you possibly can.

ice

Just showing off...

BTW: I'm looking for JH-2 as well... Should have bought one when I got chance 10 years ago for $2500

ESP 348

Great to hear from you Iceman!

Xur

I should never have sold you my KH-2 ouija and KH-4 . Just kidding (however I do miss those guitars) 

Post to Thread