Snakebyte serial number check

Updated
Michael T.

Hi guys 

I’m looking at a secondhand ESP Snakebyte and the serial number is SS1128505. I understand it’s from 2011 and not sure if at that time there were ESP versions from the custom shop as well as production models that are factory made and if you could tell that from the serial number? If there were factory models and custom shop models in 2011, is anyone able to shed some light on how the values of these might differ? 
Thanks in advance! 

Llexileon

If the serial is SS, then it's a 'standard series' MIJ version I believe, you'd think perhaps it could also stand for 'signature series' but I've never come across a true custom shop ESP with an SS serial number, even on signature models, and I've owned/played dozens at this point and was endorsed around that time (2011). The custom shop version would certainly be a more valuable instrument with top shelf wood selection and better fit/finish overall, but there's nothing wrong with a MIJ production model ESP, they're essentially the same as the E-II line now. The new price on a Custom Shop model is around $4999 depending on model, whereas the 'Standard Series' would have been closer to $1999 and today would be in-line with the E-II pricing. Used the prices are all over the place, some models are much rarer than others, and of course the Metallica signatures command a premium given the high demand and limited supply. 

Michael T.

Thanks for your reply, this is really helpful!

Post to Thread