Vulture Serial NR

Updated
Vulture Serial NR

Guys I’m confused and I don’t know if this has been posted before. there has been an ESP vulture for sale a while now on reverb. It’s serial nr is EJHV0008. But I thought this model isn’t a limited edition. Is this a new way of registering this trope guitar? Can someone clarify this?

thanks!

Breadfan32

It’s not limited but it’s the 8th one made 

mpark

What’s your question? Serial numbers now look like “E#######” 

Pims

I think what is confusing is the "JHV" since serials usually are only digits after the E, or SS etc and ending in 2 or 1 depending on Kiso or Tokyo

Xur

No, the confusing thing is that since 2016 all ESP’s have a serial nr. which say multiple things (last nr. which factory’s it’s made, 2 digits before that the production year). Check www.guitarcollectors.com for a full explanation. 

I find it strange that this particular guitar has a different style of serial nr. I guess what breadfan says is right. It’s not limited, it’s just says it’s the 8th one ever made. 

I’m curious why ESP only does this with the Vulture, and not with any other Metallica sigs, besides the ones that are made in limited quantities. 

JDR3009

That’s reassuring! My gloss Vulture has the serial no EJHV0065. I was never sure if it was just because they didn’t make many Vultures and it’s still early numbers or if there’s some kind of different system in place for them. All my other ESPs have the traditional serial no (E#####, SS#### etc)

Deviantz

Have just recieved my own Vulture. Brand new from Japan, in 120 range. I thought there were more of these out there, but cool regardless. The finish and craftsmenship is amazing. Have been full on Gibson, but likely moving towards ESP if this is anything to go by.

Post to Thread