Umm anyone want a Man To Wolf Explorer for $300,000???

Updated
Umm anyone want a Man To Wolf Explorer for $300,000???
Mesa Sean

$300,000! 

alebtart

Crazy times.....

ESP 348

What an awesome guitar.

Mesa Sean

It is for sure.... but if I'd rather get an MX-220. Anyone can just have the right inlay person to do the inlays on a MX-250 and have the same look. (if that is what you're going for)

Now if that was actually James' real guitar, that'd be a different story.  

ESP 348

Yeah, it's crazy money for sure.

Even James MTW guitar wouldn't sell for that much money.

But would definitely be cool to own.

Lluis  A.

with that you can almost buy a 1959 Les Paul

AK

It's that Tayfun guy listing it so Im not surprised. He lists regular explorers around 9000usd and the eet fuk for 30000usd. He always inflates prices insanely. Don't take it seriously

Pinian

His listings have been up for years. I don't think he ever sells anything anyways.

And yes, you can get a '59 LP Standard for that. Emerald City has had a few the past year.

BlackJack21

Based off this conversion rate, I have a bolt-on KH-2 available for $100,000 if anyone is interested. PM me. 

Mesa Sean

AK Yeah I saw he posted once on Instagram that he paid $30,000 for his MX-220 and I think that is why he wants that much. I think actually the going rate for them is really closer to $20,000.

But in reality in this world and market, I just don't know where metallica guitars will ever fit. yeah one of the biggest bands in the world ever, but I just don't see the real rare one going for these insane prices like a Zepplin or real 60's Les Paul etc (if that makes sense) Like does your average Metallica junky in their 40's-50's have 20K-30K to blow on a guitar they more than likely not be able to sell?

I think the Metallica sigs with COA's signed by James or Kirk are way safer bets and solid market value. (Usually. still tough to unload. I saw a JH-3 sit on reverb for ages for I think 6 grand with no COA for ages) I think of guitars as investments. I but the ones I love but only at prices I can break even on or make a profit. I did it a ton in the 2000's for a profit. Now a days I buy to keep as I am older.

ESP 348

+1

Totally agree with all that.

In 30 years time no one will give a fuck about Metallica or who James and Kirk were. Even if they were one of the biggest bands of all time, no one will care.

Us fans and collectors will always love them, but when we're old and it's time to sell off the collection we will have to give them away because they won't be worth fuck all.

If you want to sell a James or Kirk ESP signature guitar, NOW is the time to do it while you have your cashed up 40 and 50 year old Metallica fans ready to spend cash.

And from the sale prices I have seen over the last few years, it's definitely time to sell them if you want to make some money.

I told the Wife two years ago that now is the time to sell all my guitars if I want to make some money of them, if I leave it another 20-30 years they will be worth nothing.

Which of course she told me to sell them all lol. But I ain't selling, I never purchased these guitars as an investment or to make any money off them. I purchased these guitars because I love Kirk Hammett.

There are better ways to invest your money. If I invested my $100K+ Hammett guitar collection money into something worth investing in, I would be the guy buying a $500K 59 Les Paul now lol  (I'd rather my ESP Kirk Hammett guitar collection just quietly)

Pinian

Amen.

I have them as a hobby because I love it. It brings me joy and enhances my life. I invest and save as well. If all I have at the end of my days is piles of money, I can't take any of that with me. I'd rather have enjoyed the life I am privileged to have. It's short, and scary and you don't know when it'll end. Be smart, but also do what brings you enjoyment and share that passion with others. 

And if you do get a WTM - well... please make lots of awesome sound bites and pictures and videos for the rest of us to enjoy vicariously too 

ESP 348
Pinian wrote:

Amen.

I have them as a hobby because I love it. It brings me joy and enhances my life. I invest and save as well. If all I have at the end of my days is piles of money, I can't take any of that with me. I'd rather have enjoyed the life I am privileged to have. It's short, and scary and you don't know when it'll end. Be smart, but also do what brings you enjoyment and share that passion with others. 

And if you do get a WTM - well... please make lots of awesome sound bites and pictures and videos for the rest of us to enjoy vicariously too 

Spot on legend.

Mesa Sean

He pulled the auction. Probably got an offer for it.

BlackJack21

Same here. 

Breadfan32

That works out to be 440,000 Canadian.  I better jump on it before it sells !! 

Tondog

All I know is that Tayfun is a disgusting cunt and I wouldn't buy from him if it were only $3000.

ZyklonAeon

Who buys a 300k guitar from some turkish greedy bastard?

Mesa Sean

I’ve never bought from him, but he definitely seems smarmy on Instagram.  

Post to Thread