Kirk's Original ESP Ouija

Updated
Kirk's Original ESP Ouija

I remember on the old days there was a thread dedicated to the Original ESP Ouija runs and more explicitly there was a post which detailed how Kirk had given away one of his original ESP Ouijas with the neck through, reverse Moon inlays and full signature on the headstock and spelling mistake. Well I recently came across a website which now states it is for sale!

Amazing to see that the glow in the dark is still going strong after all these years!

Here's hoping that a forum member can snag this once of a lifetime guitar and that will probably never ever surface once again.

https://www.rockstarsguitars.com/products/metallica/kirk-hammett/kirk-hammetts-esp-custom-one-off-glow-in-the-dark-ouija/

A description from the website:

"One of Kirk Hammett’s most iconic guitars… his ESP Custom One Off ” GLOW IN THE DARK” Ouija. The only glow in the dark Ouija that was made for Kirk. This is the FIRST Ouija made by ESP and made in the early 90’s for Kirk. There are hundreds of photos and videos of Kirk with this guitar being used live with Metallica, as this was one of his main touring guitars. Kirk had two ESP Ouija guitars, both are easily distinguishable by two main characteristics, the placement of the control knob over the numbers 1-0, and a typo on the word Board, which is spelled Baard on this guitar.

To put it simply, Kirk has written the history on the back of the guitar which reads “This Guitar has been one of my main touring and recording guitars of the 90’s…This guitars has been used extensively on the albums “Load”, “Reload”, “Garage Inc.”, “Black Album”, + “S+M”. Kirk signed the back and it is dated by Kirk 6/25/2001.

It comes with Kirk’s strap that he also signed and the original case. And Kirk included one of his guitar picks and set of Ernie Ball strings.. The provenance is ins incredible as it comes with numerous original photos of Kirk in his home signing and writing the history on the guitar, and many photos of Kirk holding the guitar, front and back. And as you can see… it does glow in the dark.

This amazing guitar has been kept in a vault for nearly 20 years and has never been played. It is in the same condition as when Kirk sold it and has been with the same owner. Please inquire for price."

ESPEXP

$250k 

alebtart

DanieLibuy

WHAT A GUITAR MAN . Congrats! 

Guiguitarz

WOW ! 

ESP 348

Awesome guitar! Crazy asking price.

alebtart

You gonna add this to your collection ESP 348?  If you do, new sure to let me come over and have a look as I live in Sydney hahahah 

ESP 348
alebtart wrote:

You gonna add this to your collection ESP 348?  If you do, new sure to let me come over and have a look as I live in Sydney hahahah 

I would love to, but that asking price is way too much for me at this point in time.

And you can definitely take a look at it when I get it.

ESPEXP

Maybe if we pool our money together, we can buy it and each enjoy it for a month at a time each year! So if we did 12 people, we would need to each come up with roughly $21k 

Mesa Sean

Damn...Kirk before the hair plugs...

Oh cool guitar though.

alebtart

For confirmation, they listing it for $250,000 (I'd assume USD).

Pinian

Cool guitar. Curious what it will fetch. Be more fun to see it go up on Christie's 

ESP 348

It would be fun if it went to auction, but if it did it would fetch less a lot less than the crack head asking price it has now.

Breadfan32

If I won the lottery I would buy that for sure !

FlameToBlack

I saw this listing last week and I suspected it would be super expensive. But I had no idea he's asking $250K!

alebtart

Any idea who the owner is? From recollection it may have been a long time stage tech but I may be out of my depth here....

Leonidas M

Didn't Kirk Use this in the "Moth Into Flame" video like 4 years ago??? When did this guy get his hands on this guitar??? 

alebtart

I believe Kirk had 2 of these and the one is this listing was the one that was sold. If you have a look at one of the photos you can see the both of them.

Leonidas M

Well this sure as hell should be expensive but not nearly as much as 250k considering the fact that this is not the only 1 in existence and Metallica are not retired yet

SteelEdge

Wrong description.

That is not Kirk's first and main Ouija. That was his second.

SteelEdge

And BTW, I was offered that second one for $80k not that long ago.

Henrik S.

Hi Steeledge.

Have you solď your Man to wolf?

Post to Thread