ESP Ouija White #2 KH-2

Updated
ESP Ouija White #2 KH-2

I just saw this guitar for sale - with serial number OW02!!! Supposedly Kirk owns OW01.

This is awesome!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-ESP-CUSTOM-SHOP-KIRK-HAMMETT-METALLICA-WHITE-OUIJA-KH-2-GUITAR-NUMBER-2/362687303430?hash=item5471d90f06:g:aBMAAOSwpUVdEvby 

Mesa Sean

Wow! Sick.

That guitar was amazing when I had one. Meaning just the white one in general. Those inlays and necks felt amazing.

Breadfan32

What are the chances the potential buyer has the name Marwan too?? 

FlameToBlack
Breadfan32 wrote:

What are the chances the potential buyer has the name Marwan too?? 

Zero, but it's still cool that Kirk handled this certificate and signed it at the concert.

Breadfan32

I see your point but it was already handled at one point and signed by him.  Now it has that guys name on it.

alebtart

That eBay username seems to ring a bell? Wasn't there an ESP forum member by that name (Tuneomatic)

Mesa Sean
alebtart wrote:

That eBay username seems to ring a bell? Wasn't there an ESP forum member by that name (Tuneomatic)

Yeah sounds sooooo familiar. i am pretty sure I bought guitars off that seller ages ago.

ESP 348

They are definitely awesome guitars! I love mine.

FlameToBlack

This seller has some serious gear for sale - i.e. Gibson SG 1962 for $24,000

Martin E.

I´m with you. This is damn great stuff. But: if you look at the whole Picture galery... I´m a bit confused about the color differences from the pickups to the Body white. Could this be because the guitar stood a Long time in the sun?

ESP 348

The colour change is the clear coat on the guitar slowly turning yellow Martin.

They all do it over time, white guitars cop it the worst of course.

If the guitar sits in the sun/uv light it seems to accelerate this they reckon.

My white Ouija has spent 99% of it's life in the case and you can see the colour change going on.

Then there are some horrid ones out there like this one lol.

Pushead

I'm convinced that leaving the guitar in the case will yellow it faster.

ESP 348

Yeah maybe, who knows man. Mine has been a case queen since new and it's very similar to this one listed for sale here.

So I don't think it's that bad, but in another 10 years time it might look shit regardless.

Pushead

Almost 15 years old. Still white.

ESP 348
Pushead wrote:

Almost 15 years old. Still white.

ESP must be using shit clear coat these days.

Has this guitar spent any time in it's case or is it always on the rack with the other 50 of them?

Pushead

I'm not sure what the previous owner did, but in its time with me, it's only in the case when I'm taking it somewhere.

ESP 348
Pushead wrote:

I'm not sure what the previous owner did, but in its time with me, it's only in the case when I'm taking it somewhere.

Yeah, right. Looks good man, maybe sitting in their cases makes them bask in their own filth and they need some sunlight.

FlameToBlack

It's sad that the most expensive ESP Ouija deteriorates with time.

How does this impact it's value?

ESP 348

It's the clear coat that turns yellow over time, I am sure ESP are aware of this happening, but they still made a white Ouija anyway cause they DO look pretty awesome! Lol

Definitely impacts the value as I wouldn't pay as much for one that looks like the one I posted a picture of. But overall the ones I have seen for sale the last few years have still been pretty decent like the one listed for sale here and their asking prices have been strong.

The clear coat turning yellow on the new natrual Ouija will benefit that guitar I reckon. They look gorgeous now, the yellowing clear coat will give them that more unique finish over time I reckon.

I should pull mine out of it's case and leave it sit outside in the sun all day, every day.

Pinian

I think you should pap 

That way it can catch up to the banana yellow of my '82 LP custom! Best of both worlds, it will scream Randy Roads but be all KH! 

ESP 348

Lol, sounds like a plan.

Post to Thread