my lefty kh-2

Updated
michael s.

rolling out with the lefty i've had since new from venue music in sydney (now closed)  I have a cert with it but really had to bust their balls at the time to get it. Now i heard at the time 93-95 the serial number on neck often didn't match the plate on the back and was it 96 they switched to the EMG from esp pickups?  about to whack a set of bone breakers in it one of the volume pots siezed (neck) so good excuse.  I'll keep all original hardware in case I do ever sell.  To be honest I only got it at the time because there was no lefty kamikaze-1 in the shop.  Fell in love with that guitar at first site and never saw a leftie one in australia but, got one ordered through ESP USA now.

the lefty

ESP 348

Awesome guitar mate. I also got my first KH2 (righty) from Venue Music in 2001.

I don't remember if I got a COA with it or not now lol. It's been a long time since I looked, but I will check it out.

I didn't come with an ESP case, I reckon I stooged on that. They sent me a cheap hard plastic guitar case with it.

I ended up purchasing my new KH3 from them also in 2006. That come in an ESP case and had the COA.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum mate.

michael s.

the 90's ones came with an SKB case mate not ESP mines a skirby so to speak but one corner is busted on it so picking up an enki dual from guitar factory paramatta this week , it will eventually house the kamikaze-1 custom lefty being made and the kh-2 .  My cereificate lok slike they changed the number and i pumped them for it they were dodgy guys at times.

ESP 348

Hi mate,

The case that came with my KH2 is a hard plastic TKL branded case. It's pretty shitty. It did the job to protect the guitar of course. I ended up buying a $150 ESP case for my KH2 many years later.

I reckon it was supposed to come with an ESP case in 2001.

What I think happened is, they kept my ESP case to on-sell to make some money and gave me a cheap $50 plastic hardcase instead.

Could be wrong of course, but I reckon that's what happened.

In 2006 my KH3 came with an ESP case and the COA lol

I also own a few 90's Hammett ESP guitars and they all have ESP cases. They came from the US and Europe, so it may have been a different market thing.

But I still reckon they fucked me on the case.

michael s.

Venue music were known for being dodgy fecin kients mate they really didn't deserve to be an esp dealer in hindsight , they abused the privilege

ESP 348

True! They were the biggest ESP dealer in Australia 2001 from memory which is why I purchased from there.

Remember, this was pre-internet days. I live in Outback QLD and I remember searching the yellow pages for music shops to call to look for an ESP dealer.

Couldn't see anything of the sort of course, so I had to start ringing around and I am pretty sure the first few people I called in Brisbane told me to call Venue Music in Sydney, which I did............and the rest is history lol.

michael s.

i was building jones bay wharf in sydeny walked in, saw the lefty kh-2 on the walll and said deposit put it away - I really wanted the kamikaze-1 I saw but they said custom order 100% extra for left handed.  I didn't even know who George Lynch was , I just fell in love with the guitar,  went back and told my teacher 'i saw this banzai guitar'  he laughed and said kamikaze , George Lynch and introduced me to sacred grooove, and i became a real fan of his style.

Post to Thread