Kirk Hammett Tuners

Updated
Kirk Hammett Tuners

Hey all, I have a 2014 ESP Ltd Kh-202 (with black nickel hardware). I took the passive esp pickups out of and replaced all of the electronics with emg's solderless kit and kirk hammetts KH-BB Bone Breaker Pickups. I have also changed the strap buttons to Schaller straplocks (also in black nickel) and just the other day one of the saddles on the bridge (Floyd Rose Special) got the threads stripped and is unusable, I just decided to buy a whole new Floyd Rose system and made sure to get the Floyd Rose Original (Also in black nickel lol. It costed $50 extra just to have it in that colour...). 

Anyways, long story short since i have ordered my new bridge I would have replaced nearly every part on the guitar as the bridge comes with the string tree, locking nut and all the springs and claw for the backside. All that will be left to change are the tuners. I know that Kirk uses Gotoh Tuners and on all of the high end KH guitars it says Gotoh Tuners but it never says which model exacty. I cant find them anywhere. Id like to buy the same ones he uses haha.

If anyone happens to know which ones they are it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Aydin

James H.

I have seen it answered by ESP in a post here somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find it.

I might be wrong. I do believe they are the SG381 series tuners from Gotoh that are used.

Aydin H.

Hey, thanks for your reply. It's very annoying that it doesn't say anywhere, i don't know why esp doesn't listen it on the guitars when it says which tuners they use. 

I thought he might be using the sg360-07 tuners but I'm not sure, that's why I'm here haha 

James H.

ESP Japan is showing the tuners used on some of the current guitars https://espguitars.co.jp/artists/7357/ 

If it helps, my KH-602 uses the "Rotomatic/Grover" style ESP tuners with the angled mounting screw hole. From what I have seen, the SG360-07 tuners have straight mounting holes, my KH-2 PSP uses those tuners. If your KH-202 has angled mounting holes, like my KH-602. The SG381 "standard" series might be a better choice and possibly line up with the existing screw holes. I can look at all of my LTD KH guitars if you would like, I believe they all have the same style ESP rotomatic tuning machines though.

-James

Aydin H.

Yes mine do have the angled mounting holes and the 360s have the straight mounting hole but i do both mind drilling new holes. Did u say your kh-2 has the 360s? If it's not a problem for you to check then that would be greatly appreciated  thanks!

James H.

Yes, my KH2 purple sparkle has the SG360 tuners.

Aydin H.

Yeah the jaoan website all say 360-07 for his kh2 guitars aswell. Ibsaw a picture on his Instagram from behind his guitar and it looked like he had the locking ones but it was hard to tell from the distance.

I had the 360-07s in my eBay watchlist but i couldn't remember how i came to that conclusion but it looks like they are the way to go. Thanks for that i really appreciate it!

Pinian

I recently put in a custom order, and my spec sheet reads Gotoh SG360-7.

Serafin C.

I just purchased my KH202 and I would like the same tuning machines as my KH602 from 2004. Not sure if the KH2 is equipped with something better but my kh602 was equipped with better tuning machines than my kh202

Post to Thread