Zorlac question.

Updated
Zorlac question.

Looking at a Zorlac. All checks out but the neck is painted black, is that a thing? Were any of them from 84-89 painted?

Also the neck is a bit beefy, stark contrast to my KH2s, is this how they did it back than?

*Added pics below.

ESP 348

There are several Zorlacs out there with painted necks from factory. Nothing to worry about there.

None were made in 1984 as far as I am aware of. The oldest one I have seen over the years was from around 1989 from memory.

Most of them I have seen are from 1990 and 1991.

I don't remember the neck being beefy though, pretty sure the neck on my 1990 Zorlac is pretty slim. But definitely different to the later Hammett guitars yes.

Definitely buy it if you can, they are somewhat rare guitars and very very cool to have in the collection man.

Trigger

Thanks man, I'll add some pics, it does look legit to me, but the painted neck threw me off.

Trigger
Trigger wrote:

Looking at a Zorlac. All checks out but the neck is painted black, is that a thing? Were any of them from 84-89 painted?

Also the neck is a bit beefy, stark contrast to my KH2s, is this how they did it back than?

Trigger

ESP 348

Thanks for the pics man. Guitar is definitely legit and looks to be in excellent condition also.

Comes with the original ESP gig bag also like mine.

And someone has placed the Zorlac sticker on it also which is cool lol

Buy it before I do.

Guiguitarz

Really nice one ! 

Maybe @pushead can relate on these back of the neck painted version.

ESP 348

Cheers for making the pics bigger G.

Guitar looks awesome.

Pushead

It looks legit to me. Definitely 80s to have the Floyd nut mounts through the neck.

ESP 348

My 1990 Zorlac also has those bolts in the back of the headstock.

Guiguitarz

Mine too.

Trigger

Thanks guys!

Trigger

Did u get it? Already has the sticker installed 

Still in the mail, any day now. I'll ket you all now. I have couple Ouija's to compare it to

alebtart

Now that you mention it, in the above photo it looks like there's no recess for the back end of the Schaller bridge where the fine tuners are (there's clearly a reflection if you zoom in). However in this photo you can see there's a recessed section for the OFR - different Zorlacs or just refinished with the recess?

ESP 348

I am going to take a guess and say it's the same guitar.

xmutx

Saw one on guitarcenter website few months back. Can't say i have an appreciation for difference in build specs when compared to KH-2. Does look awesome though.

ESP 348

Is still for sale on there Helmut?

xmutx

Negative, it was there for a bit though but seems to have sold

ESP 348

Cheers for the reply man.

Post to Thread