New Kirk Hammett LTD Purple Sparkle Ouija

Updated
New Kirk Hammett LTD Purple Sparkle Ouija

Just saw this over in reddit. Seems like someone over at Guitar Centre got ahead of themselves.

Finally something from  LTD line appears visually more alike with the ESP versions (I.e. Unpainted neck, no model number on 24th fret)

https://www.reddit.com/r/espguitars/comments/cu5moe/guitar_center_accidentally_leaked_ltd_hammetts/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

ESP 348

Dunno why they did that.

Henrik S.

I ordered mine at Andertons,  first arrival was set to 29 november,  20 december and now 20 februar. I cancelled my order because I could not wait for so long. I found a guitarstore in Denmark were I live, they had just got a couple of Ouija's in. I ordered the 12 dec and it arrived friday the 13 dec.

ESP 348

That's great man, I still can't believe they are making the Poms wait for these guitars.

Snakebite

Merry Christmas guys!

I received the pickup stickers right before Christmas so I though I would post few pics.

I wish the sticker had some glossy sparkle finish in it... it's basically a solid purple with tons of black dots. 

The purple sparkle finish changes its brightness seen from different angles, obviously the sticker color wouldn't, so it doesn't completely blend with the body.

Still I think it looks pretty good, I will still be on the look out for more/better solutions.

FlameToBlack

I ordered stickers from the same seller in Israel (the ones Snakebite posted about a month ago) and I was not impressed with them. 

Purple and red sparkle look dull and you can tell the difference right away if you hold the guitar. Seller did mention there is a way to add sparkles to the stickers.

Natural colored stickers look good.

FiXXXeRJM

They definitely are a sweet alternative to plain, black, EMG’s. But, the decals have overhang, and my finger tips are literally raising the corner every time I play. Just pulled them off the other day. =(

Snakebite
FiXXXeRJM wrote:

They definitely are a sweet alternative to plain, black, EMG’s. But, the decals have overhang, and my finger tips are literally raising the corner every time I play. Just pulled them off the other day. =(

Yes thats whats happening to mine as well...  I could probably use stronger adhesive but I will probably pull em off and keep em "stock".

Alamodome

Looks good man. Way better than without that’s for sure. 

ESP 348

Looks to be fantastic quality and a wonderful attempt at a solution.

Looks great from a distance, but perhaps they need to be a slightly darker shade of purple I think.

Tomix

Sucks that the Ouijas are taking so long to get to the U.K. I ordered a purple sparkle as soon as they were announced but won’t be here until the end of February :(

ESP 348

Yeah man, that would suck lol.

Guiguitarz

Things are coming guys, be patient  (These are prototypes)

Cheers,

-G.

RJ_ESP_Fan

Wow, those look awesome... I can't wait!

James H.

Looking good G!

Can't wait to get them.

Joelski

I am diggin' the purple! Say the word to take my money!

PS: the text isn't gold, nor is it supposed to be, IMO; it's the color of the original board.

Guiguitarz
Joelski wrote:

I am diggin' the purple! Say the word to take my money!

PS: the text isn't gold, nor is it supposed to be, IMO; it's the color of the original board.

Hey Joelski !

Yeah I think I found the color and I know it isn't gold, it tends to faded white to yellowish depending the light and orientation of the guitar.

Also I need to reduce the density of the sparkles/glitters that I bust. My guitars are supposed to arrive mid-february, the wait is long ! In the meantime I'm working of clear coats and finishes, time is not lost.

Cheers,

-G.

FlameToBlack

Wow, your covers look awesome!

Blake P.

Hey bro !! I have a question, can I get the info for your guitar painter that did the WZ and TBOF and etc??? Also I would love to buy the pickup covers for my red sparkle ouija from you if I can. Thanks so much.

Guiguitarz
Blake P. wrote:

Hey bro !! I have a question, can I get the info for your guitar painter that did the WZ and TBOF and etc??? Also I would love to buy the pickup covers for my red sparkle ouija from you if I can. Thanks so much.

Send me a message on Facebook or Instagram mate. I’ll answer you. You’ll find me. 

FiXXXeRJM

Hey G! I’m interested in picking up a set of covers in each color when they’re ready to ship. I’m new to the forums, but was in the ESP/LTD group on Facebook with you, and a few others here (Sup Pap!) Name’s Jayme, and I finally decided to create an account specifically to get my grubby mits on those caps. Hahah

ESP 348
FiXXXeRJM wrote:

Hey G! I’m interested in picking up a set of covers in each color when they’re ready to ship. I’m new to the forums, but was in the ESP/LTD group on Facebook with you, and a few others here (Sup Pap!) Name’s Jayme, and I finally decided to create an account specifically to get my grubby mits on those caps. Hahah

Hey brother!

Guiguitarz
FiXXXeRJM wrote:

Hey ! Glad to hear ! I will let you know, I think you're already in my list

ESP 348

They are looking AWESOME G!!

Henrik S.

The letters on my Ouija is metallic gold, it is hard to get the right colour on the pictures.

ESP 348

I always thought the colour of the letters looked gold to me.

HateEvent

Well, a few months after ordering it, the UK stock has finally arrived 

#442 safe and sound in the North East of Scotland. 

I have some of those stickers to put on, but have G’s covers firmly at the top of my list to go with it too. 

Tomix

Very nice! I think I’m picking mine up on Monday or whenever Andertons have set it up for me

Guiguitarz

Congrats ! Mines will be there next week ! What a wait !

Looking at your pic and the one from Henrik just above, we can notice how hard it is to state on the color and the density of the sparkles ... check this out :

ESP 348

Congrats Hate! Looks awesome man.

Guiguitarz

Received mines last week, I can work better on the covers now.

The Sparkle is very different from the "original" LTD Purple Sparkle, density of flakes is way lower and flakes are not the same at all.

Very difficult to take in picture because of that. There is too much black around the flakes/glitters. But they look very cool in person.

Built quality tho : Better than the Purple Sparkle. I like the "ESP-like" finish on the back.

FlameToBlack

I can confirm it's tricky with the density of the sparks for LTD.

I've got two reds and their finish was not the same (see attached pics). Earlier one on the right (SN 1X) had lower density and later one (SN 8X) had more dense finish.

Guiguitarz
FlameToBlack wrote:

I can confirm it's tricky with the density of the sparks for LTD.

I've got two reds and their finish was not the same (see attached pics). Earlier one on the right (SN 1X) had lower density and later one (SN 8X) had more dense finish.

Yeah, thank you for the info. It will be difficult to match every guitar tho. I'll do my best to match mine (Red and Purple). I have nearly twin numbers 280 and 282.

Post to Thread