JH-1 Red

Updated
Cam B.

Hey guys...new to the forums but wanted to throw something out here.........  

I've been sitting on two authentic JH-1 (both red models) for about 20 years now.  Originally bought them as obvious collector pieces but also for investment purposes.  Thinking about possibly selling one or both to the right people with loving and appreciative homes for them.  I've scoured the internet for listings and have only come across one expired Reverb posting besides for the replica fakes.  I'm turning to a couple places, including these forums, to gauge interest to true fans of the brand, the band, and to possibly assess a value for them.  This post is not spam and definitely not bullshit.

I have one guitar here at home with me and the other is in my dad's possession.  I have both COA's but they are locked away, also in my dad's possession, and he lives a ways away from me (Again, I'm not bullshitting.  I can provide them if I have to make the trip to get them).  The guitar I have here is with me is #021.  It was gigged with periodically back in the day but has since remained in its case for years.  One ding in the paint but besides that it is in excellent condition.  The other has never been played and is 100% mint...can't recall the number on it.  Bought one at Apple Music in Portland, OR and the other from a shop in Seattle at the time.  

Just kind of randomly throwing this post out there.  I'm not really sure what I want to do with either guitar yet but like I said, I'm not playing them and would love for them to have a good home to the right person and for the right price.  Would love to get some feedback from anyone and everyone.  

Thanks!

ESP 348

Welcome to the forum mate.

They are awesome guitars. I can't help with their value, but wish you all the best with the sale of them.

*Wait's for Pus to make the pics bigger for us*

Guiguitarz

*Pus won't do miracles because the original first three images are 100x100 ...*

Welcome on board Cam, beautiful guitars, should sound amazing, good'old ESP period, even on Bolt-on's construction.

You should find some buyers over there.

Pushead

There's a crazy guy on Reverb that has one listed for $6k with some damage. Normal people expect to sell them in the $3k range depending on condition. There is some weirdness in the JH-1; some have a ESP Custom Guitars stamp on the back of the headstock, some don't. I can't seem to find if it's based on the number of the run, or where they were originally shipped. It doesn't seem to matter. Mine is 27 without it.

Bigger pics?

Guiguitarz

Well done buddy.

Vadesne  F.

hi

where are you from?

thanks 

Cam B.

I am in Portland, Oregon.

Simon H.

Hi

if you’re interested in selling can you drop me a message Simon.hackett ”at” me.com

OrionTheDrummer

I'd be glad to discuss purchase of the JH1 with you (or anyone seeing this). Feel free to send me a PM or visit the homepage of www.orionmusicproject.com - and there's a submission form at the bottom. Easier than email

4004cii

Hi Cam B 

is the guitar still for sale 

ESP 348

Good question, I might buy one myself if they are.  

Big Daddy B
ESP 348 wrote:

Good question, I might buy one myself if they are.  

You only live once

ESP 348

Hahaha! YES!! You do.  

Brian6262

Are they still for sale?

Post to Thread