He posted this on Insta Feb 23rd. 

ESP 348

Yeah, been around a while.

Guiguitarz

Yeah it's been a while,

For the detail it has the eyes that lit :

It inspires me a lot ... 

ESP 348

I am not going to start a new thread for this guitar.......

But here seems to be another new Hammett guitar. Pic was posted by Kirk on his official Facebook page around 20 minutes ago. 

The graphic is from a Molly Hatchet album called Beatin' The Odds.

ESP 348

And i just watched a video of Kirk hitting two strings with some crazy pedal and effect going on for around 18 seconds.

Looks like Molly Hatchet might have sustain for days.

P.S-Looks like Kirk is using a phone from around 15 years ago lol. The footage is shocking. lol.

James H.

I'd buy that one for sure.

He probably is still using his back up phone seeing how he lost the last one, lol! 

ESP 348

It could be the lighting of course, but that looks like a very dark Rosewood fretboard.

AK

That’s actually an artwork from Conan the Barbarian comics by F. Frazetta. Classic stuff. This particular one is called “Conan the Conqueror”. I’m a fan of Conan and the works of Frazetta, so I won’t be able to stop myself from buying this one, if they ever decide to release it.

ESP 348

Cheers for clearing that up AK.

Nathan S.
AK wrote:

That’s actually an artwork from Conan the Barbarian comics by F. Frazetta. Classic stuff. This particular one is called “Conan the Conqueror”. I’m a fan of Conan and the works of Frazetta, so I won’t be able to stop myself from buying this one, if they ever decide to release it.

I thought that artwork looked awfully similar to the limited edition LTD Frazetta Monsters in filmland Eclipse that was produced years back. Guess that explains it.

Nathan S.

Pushead

I'd already hit the point where I think it's pointless to chase all of the "sig" guitars for Kirk (and even James). But if you haven't caught on during the Hardwired tours, Kirk is just going to play new models every month or so and then you'll never see it again.

AK

Yeah I agree. It’s getting out of hand. Too many guitars. Maybe it’s better to stick to the classic ones or the ones that they use most.

Pushead

Yeah, it's almost pointless to keep selling the old black KH-2 (even with the change to neck through.) You almost never see him with one anymore. I keep mine and the MX-II because I think people would still associate them as "the guitars" from the TBA era Metallica. After that, I'm not sure that I'd say that there is an "iconic" Metallica guitar anymore, except for maybe the Mummy for Kirk.

ESP 348

Totally agree with you boys, but for some reason...............I don't think Kirk cares what we think. lol

I am sure he will keep adding to his 'art collection' of guitars. I don't know what you would call it anymore?

Not the 'monster collection' of guitars anymore, seems to be straying off into other things which is cool.

The last iconic guitar we can associate with Kirk with is definitely the Mummy I think.

Maaaaaaaaaaybe the White Zombie for the younger fans that have come along in the last 5 years or so I guess as I assume Kirk will still keep using that guitar very heavily till the day they stop playing as a band.

Pushead

No White Zombie sightings at the last show I was at in February.

ESP 348

Yeah, righto. Interesting.

Post to Thread