New LTD Snakebyte - Crack or Cosmetic

Updated
Ba R.

Hey all,

First post and long time fan and player of ESP and LTD guitars.  I picked up a new LTD Snakebyte with black satin finish.  The guitar is awesome and plays like butter.  See the pics on this post.  Hopefully the pic shows well enough, but is this a crack (in the neck/fretboard/etc) or is this a cosmetic blemish or something else?  Could it get bigger?  

Since it's satin there isn't a clear coat or nitro finish to crack (so I don't think it's finish checking, but could be wrong).  Any thoughts or experience from Snakebyte owners, or people with similar marks on their guitar, would be helpful.  It's a new guitar, so I want it to be right.  Thanks

Pushead

It's hard to say definitively, but it looks more like a scratch than the common neck joint crack around set necks.

Ba R.

Thanks for the comment, Pushead.  I took a couple more bigger pictures one with more light and one that shows it better in normal light. The paint is clean and is covering the crack/lines.  It doesn't seem like a paint finish issue because it is underneath.

I started reading more about Snakebyte neck crack issues from a while back. Any reason to think this is that, or something else?

Tondog

The Explorer design guitars all suffer from this "feature" for the most part. That said, none of my Snakebytes have the crack.....yet. I have no doubt it will come in time.

Post to Thread