Original Ouija for sale

Updated
Mike A.

Hey everyone.  I’m selling my 1998 Ouija guitar. I bought it last spring off Reverb for over $4,200 and I’m selling it for $3k plus whatever shipping is.  The guitar is in good shape.  However it does have a small chip on the body where the neck attaches. The guitar was accidentally damaged when it shipped to me.  I’ve been told it’s very easy/inexpensive fix if you can find a luthier (estimated cost was $150 -$200 from Union Street Guitar Works in Occoquan VA).  My problem is there isn’t a luthier really close to me (Guitar Works is over an hour) and with kids, work, planning a wedding..  I just don’t have any free time.  Other than that, I think the guitar is in good shape.  Comes with a case but not the original and does not come with the COA.  I’ll post more pictures when I get home tonight.  

Mike A.

Sephiroth

What was in the case during shipping that caused the damage? Was the case damaged with something piercing it? Doesn't seem to be any other scuffs or scrapes around it on the side of the neck or fretboard.  Just really curious to know what cause the damage in shipping.

Did you prefer it over the 2009 Ltd version you once owned?

Mike A.

The previous owner detached the neck from the body when he shipped it.  And I guess it wasn’t packaged with enough bubble wrap or whatever he packed the case with and it must have moved inside the case and banged on something.  The body of the guitar looks good. Nothing is wrong with the graphics or any major scratches. 

Guitar plays great and sounds amazing. Compared to the 09 ESP Ouija, the neck feels a little thinner.  And I think it feels and plays better than the LTD Ouija version.   

Sephiroth

Forgetting about build quality, I think I'm in the minority that preferred the neck shape shoulder profile of the 1990s bolt-on ouija over the 2009 version.

Nathan S.

150 to 200 bucks, crazy!! 20 seconds of filing, and touch up with 2 cents worth of black paint, good to go.

Guiguitarz

Not a real small chip ...

ESP 348

Big chip or small chip, it's not a cheap guitar and I would definitely pay $200 or more to have that repaired properly by a pro.

Cheap Ouija man, won't take long to sell for that price.

Mike A.

The chip didn’t seem that big. But I’m definitely not an expert. So if you guys say that’s a big chip, I’ll take your word for it!  The estimate I got last summer was $150-$200.  If anyone is interested or if you guys might know someone, that’ll be greatly appreciated!  I’ll try to upload more pictures tonight too.  

Mike A.

Mike A.

Here’s some pictures.  

ESP 348

Here is a 1997 Ouija for sale for US $5150 if anyone is interested.

https://reverb.com/item/31995359-esp-kh-2-ouija-kirk-hammett-signature-1997

FlameToBlack

Is this a good price for this guitar?

It includes original case and COA, looks like a complete package. 

ESP 348

Price is in the right range, but I would still make an offer on it.

If it were mint, then I would definitely pay that asking price.

It does have the check tags, COA and original hardcase which is great.

FlameToBlack

Already sold :(

ESP 348

Sold already? Oh well, it was in the right price range so I didn't think it would have lasted long around that asking price.

Trigger

I have it now, can I bump this thread or create new one? Same price

ESP 348

All good brother. I see you started a new thread.

Post to Thread