PLEASE tell me what i have and if i made a mistake or not.

Updated
Brad S.

Hello I appreciate you taking the time to read this I recently bought a guitar from somebody and I'm having a hard time finding any information on it and I'm hoping I did not make a mistake. 

Story is that the guitar was signed by Metallica when he won tickets to see them at a private show at a venue called Harry O's in 06. 

I have the e-mails he received also from met fan club. But as we know that could be faked. 

Pims

well, depending they asked a ridiculous price for the signatures I don't see the problem even if the signatures were fake, they do look legit though..

Brad S.

Any idea on a dollar amount for this guitar? 

Brad S.

Pushead

Without signatures, it's a $6-800 guitar. What value they add or remove depends on the buyer.

RaulTx

The signatures seem 100% legit to me.

Breadfan32

What did you pay for it?

Guiguitarz

Yep, sigs are 200% legit,

It's a mistake if you payed $2,000 for it. Around 1k$ is ok.

kirkfan30

I would say 1K also ...

Brad S.

Ya i paid alot more then 1k. 

Is this the lawsuit guitar? I was told that adds value? 

kirkfan30

Our estimate of 1k is already on the higher side since it has the signatures. It is cool I give you that but it is an LTD... 1K is already on the higher side IMO  but I can see it selling for that amount. Anything higher is just too much. It looks like a banana headstock which adds a little value but not much. 

ESP 348

Cool guitar, cool signatures on it.

From what I have seen, you will always pay $1000+ for any guitar signed by Metallica.

Congrats and enjoy.

Pushead

By "lawsuit" people mean traditional Explorer shape instead of the new EX shape. My figure of $6-800 included that "added vaule."

It's difficult to say what the guitar would sell for to another buyer. Obviously, it was worth whatever you paid for it when you bought it. Now you just have to find as big a fan interested in collecting guitars and signatures as you are.

Brad S.

Thank you all for your help!!

Richard D.

Hy Brad's my name is Richard do you still have the ltd explorer I'm interested in buying it if your willing to sell it...if possible answer me through my email richard3045.rdl@gmail.com...or through hier if you feel more comfortable thanks 

Tondog

The signatures are worth nothing. Metallica signs everything they see and they're not hard sigs to get. The dollar value on the guitar is really the only thing of "value" here. There are people who don't intend to get Metallica's sigs anywhere and would rather just pay for them, and this is where the only value is at.

dubster82

How would you go about getting a guitar signed by every member Tondog?

load more replies (3 of 3)
Breadfan32

If a guitar was signed by Cliff then that’s a different story.

metallica signatures aren’t rare.  They’ve signed so much in the past 30 plus years.

I think a guitar with signatures all over decreases the value of it if it’s actually a nice guitar.  

If you’re happy with the guitar and can justify what you paid then enjoy it!  

I would also say this guitar shouldn’t sell for anything above 1000 at best.  

I also believe this is the lower end Ltd model as it has the bolt on neck.  

Tondog

This!

Post to Thread