Will Adler Black Camo Tuning Stability

Updated
Will Adler Black Camo Tuning Stability

Ive had this axe for about four months now and love it. The massive 45mm nut width is a perfect match for my hands. But the only thing that bothers me is how poorly it stays in tune or doesn’t stay in tune I should say.

I’m fairly competent playing around with guitars been playing for 21 years now and I’ve put it down to the Sperzel locking tuners. While they are brilliant for quick string changes they just don’t hold or have the feel or fine tuning of Gotohs. Should I just buy a new set and put them in it and put it down to wear or is there some maintence tricks I don’t know about? I’ve tightened the screw inside the tuning key itself and some have stay tight whilst others haven’t have worked loose very quickly. Do Sperzel make a different ratio?

Breadfan32

I’ve beem playing guitars with sperzels for a long time.  Never had tuning issues.  I think I can only recall reading good reviews on them too.  

I wonder if it’s something else or maybe you got a bad set?  

barryswanson

I'm pretty sure its the tuners otherwise the only thing different about this guitar is the maple neck. I've never owned a maple neck guitar before and I'm wondering if its more sensitive to temperature fluctuations? I might just go throw a new set of Sperzels at it and see how that goes, because the low E and D strings don't feel real smooth like the others. Breadfan32 would you know exactly what ones I would need to order in regards to the locating pin on the back of headstock? I suppose i could pull it apart and have a look myself.

Another option would be the Gotoh Magnum locks, I would assume they would be higher quality with a higher ratio. But not keen on drilling holes if thats the case.

ESP 348

Maple necks are very strong big dog and none of my KH guitars ever go out of tune, even after years of sitting there in the their cases.

barryswanson

Copy that, well its gotta be the sperzels.

Alfonso L.

Check the nut...most intonation problems come from there...

BTW I do own that same guitar!

barryswanson

What am I looking for exactly man? Smoothness throughly he groove? It looks ok last time I checked. I run 11-48 strings on it. Been thinking of investing in some nut suace since I always set in rig rundowns. Must be good stuff.

Post to Thread