ESP version is here (kh sparkle)

Updated
Benny V.
Eskadi

ESP 348

Pau Ferro fretboard and they are asking US $5000??

Tondog

No one actually HAS one though correct? I prefer the look of Pau Ferro, AND the fact that it's harder closer to ebony in the tone scale!

ESP 348

No one has one yet that I am aware of, but some are coming.

I wonder if Kirk's actual guitar has Rosewood or Ferro?

Guiguitarz

Pretty convinced that he has Rosewood, he has it roughly since summer 17, all that embargo on critical woods was not so strong yet. And also ESP still have rosewood in stock and deserves it for special works

Only a guess but pretty sure.

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

Pretty convinced that he has Rosewood, he has it roughly since summer 17, all that embargo on critical woods was not so strong yet. And also ESP still have rosewood in stock and deserves it for special works

Only a guess but pretty sure.

Cheers mate, I would imagine that he actually has Rosewood on his guitar.

Sephiroth

Maybe it was a copy / paste error on the product page? I dont know what Pau Ferro looks like, you be the judge from the latest pics

Anyone notice the "16" in the serial on the product page version for it being made in 2016?

Pims

yeah I noticed it; It's also a ESP Custom branded and should be signature series the 1 in the end is for tokyo which is propably Kirk's one built around there?

Photoshopping a serial just sounds dumb..

HateEvent
ESP 348 wrote:

Nothing wrong with Pau Ferro - it is used by Tom Anderson for his boards; so Kirk's Pro Am from the late 80's has one.

dubster82

12" radius?

Guiguitarz

Yep (305 / 25,4 = 12)

dubster82

Different to the Demonology though according to this site

Pushead

Most people saw Pau Fero as an upgrade until companies had to start finding alternatives for rosewood.

Road King
Tondog wrote:

No one actually HAS one though correct? I prefer the look of Pau Ferro, AND the fact that it's harder closer to ebony in the tone scale!

Does it play smooth like ebony? I only have experience with wenge, which is smooth like ebony.

Tondog

It's almost exactly like really tight grained ebony and sounds much the same. I'm not much on saying I can hear real tone differences in fret boards but feel wise, it was better. I played it on a Fender that I really liked. Seems they've been doing it for awhile. While Gibson was pissing it up their leg trying things like "Richlite", Fender was running to the Pau Ferro. PF is every bit the equal of Rosewood in terms of quality, and pretty much like ebony.

Road King
Tondog wrote:

It's almost exactly like really tight grained ebony and sounds much the same. I'm not much on saying I can hear real tone differences in fret boards but feel wise, it was better. I played it on a Fender that I really liked. Seems they've been doing it for awhile. While Gibson was pissing it up their leg trying things like "Richlite", Fender was running to the Pau Ferro. PF is every bit the equal of Rosewood in terms of quality, and pretty much like ebony.

Cool. I noticed that Fender is using ebony on their elite models now. This pleases me greatly.

ESP 348
Tondog wrote:

Thanks for sharing mate, sounds like there is nothing wrong with it.

Just makes me wonder why they didn't use it 20 years ago if it's just as good as Rosewood.

I wonder if it's cheaper than Rosewood?

ESP 348
HateEvent wrote:

Nothing wrong with Pau Ferro - it is used by Tom Anderson for his boards; so Kirk's Pro Am from the late 80's has one.

Cheers mate, I actually just Googled it and had a read of what it actually is. Thanks for the reply.

dubster82

Great pics on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgEiOcmgNMw/

Bit surprised by the logos on the pickups quality wise.

AK

What do you think of the fretboard on those photos? It doesn’t look like it’s scalloped to me. 

dubster82

Not in these pics. Barely in the other link.

Guiguitarz

@AK :

AK

Ah, cool. Probably it was the angle.

dubster82

RickyB

Any reasoning to why the purple on the ESP is darker than the LTD one? I know ESP tries to do stuff to differentiate them but choosing the color scheme is an interesting option.

ESP 348

Awesome pics!! The quality looks sensational!

Benny V.

4499 euro's to order it from Belgium 4/5 months wait time

Omega

We have two arriving in April in Belgium
The next batch is planned for September.

Benny V.
Omega wrote:

We have two arriving in April in Belgium
The next batch is planned for September.

oh? sold allready or? which store?

Post to Thread