JH-600 Body and Neck Woods?

Updated
Impurifier

I have a ESP LTD JH-600 I’m loosely thinking of selling and would like to know what it’s made out of. I’m not sure but I think it’s a 2006 (the first two numbers of the serial # are 06). It’s got eagle inlays and a floyd. Black hardware.

I kind of remember when I bought it being told that the body was mahogany but most if not all I’ve seen were made of alder. Were any made of mahogany?

What would the neck wood be?

Thanks!

Major Insane

So this might not completely answer your questions, I certainly don't know if any of them were made from mahogany, but here is the 2006 Catalog:

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/088/ESP-2006-Catalog.pdf?1392144651

It specifies an Alder body and a three piece Maple neck.

HateEvent

All Hanneman models of both ESP and LTD 600 levels have always been alder body, maple neck, ebony board. The LTD 200 series have always been basswood body, maple neck, rosewood board.

This is also true for the Hanneman EC (Eclipse), which could have been easily assumed as being mahogany, due to the styling. 

HateEvent

And yes, the ‘06’ at the start of the serial number denotes 2006 build year.

How is the condition? What sort of price are you selling for? 

Impurifier

those are great answers, thank you

it's in great shape, it's never been a gigging guitar. i bought it ~5 years ago after i switched to drums so i only used it at home for writing and recording. im still looking into appropriate prices, there arent many of these around at all. i love the guitar and dont really want to sell it but i need the money so i might need to.

something i love about it is that it's so warm sounding but still clear. big sound. not tinny at all like emg 81's can often be. keeps up with my usa jackson rhoads any day, which one is better only depends on what song im working on. pretty cool. the neck is excellent too. super thin and flat but feels really high quality. im very undecided about selling it as you can see.

Post to Thread