LTD KH-202 Mummy Decal Guitar Price Point?

Updated
LTD KH-202 Mummy Decal Guitar Price Point?

Evening all and Happy New Year!

Pleasure to be on the forum and I hope I am on the right section as I’ve seen posts about the Hammett Mummy here before…

So several years back I had a dear friend of mine who owns a graphic design shop in Vegas mummy decal my KH-202. It was a labor of love let's just say since he had to take it apart, lacquer, heating gun, it took him over a week!

Of course it is nowhere in the league of the KH-2 masterpieces I see here on the forum with custom paint jobs and the like. But since I am looking to finally sell and want to find a price where everyone is happy I feel there is no better place to ask than here.

Considering the 202 doesn’t go for much online however I don’t see any kind of mummy for sale on E-bay, etc. could anyone chime in on a price point that would work?

Guitar plays great, had it serviced recently, and comes with the Road Runner soft gig bag, tools, etc. Any comments or questions, just shoot em my way.

Best to all,

Alex

ESP 348

Welcome Alex!

Cool guitar, can't help much with it's value, but I wish you all the best with it mate.

Happy New Year to you too.

KHamster

Thanks for the compliment on my Mummy! Pricing is always so random. On one hand you can ask for price of guitar plus decal or paint job plus labor, or just throw a number out and see if it sticks… I don’t want to ever rip someone off but I don’t want to undersell her too.. Granted you can buy the guitar and decal separate but good luck getting someone to dial it in perfect. It’s a real pain in the _ss lol. I’ll figure something out and will post the ebay link when ready. CHEERS

Pushead

Start the bidding at the normal price for a KH-202 and let the bidders decide what it's worth.

KHamster

Thanks Pus! I started at $350 on E-bay bc of fees etc. If someone likes the Mummy and wanted to do it with a decal, the decal is $60, the guitar is $250 or so if you can steal one which is $310 and then labor to do it right will run you $250. Plus I am throwing in the gig bag, a tuner, was just set up, etc. Cheers

Harry Gandler

I think its gone now, or?  U know where to find a mummy decal? 

KHamster

Hi Harry... It's been so long don't know. I found the decal on e-bay and then had my buddy do the work. He is a top graphic designer so he took the whole guitar apart, sanded, stretched, lacquer, etc. That's what made it so awesome was the quality of the work! If you can't find it online I'd ask a local vinyl guy if they can make it digitally. Probably cost a pretty penny though but still cheaper than a full paint job :/// Stay well

Post to Thread