ESP Grey Truckster

Updated
ESP Grey Truckster

Just bought a used grey 2005 ESP Truckster off ebay and im loving it. Sounds great and solid feeling. Sometimes when i play my LTD white iron cross it can feel abit 'thin'. The truckster does not have that problem. The finish on the guitar is weird and pretty cool at the same time with layers you can feel the difference. when I look at the neck i think wow there is a black eclipse underneth this. i have acouple questions if anyone can help. I was wondering why it does not have a signiture series stamp on the back? I was just guessing that its an earlier model but im not sure. Does anyone know where you can get the 'Made in Japan' silver with black text sticker? Previous owner must have taken it off. Stange request I know but hey I guess im abit particular. Anyway here are some pic

ESP 348

Guitar looks great, congrats and great to hear you are enjoying so far.

I can't help with any other info, but it wouldn't be hard to have the 'made in Japan' sticker made for it by a sticker making business. If you need to know the size, just let me know I can measure mine for you.

Some of the other experts can explain the missing SS logo off the back of the headstock. I see the SS in the serial number.

AK

I have the LTD version, it is an amazing guitar. I really like it.

Here are some photos I found online. They all seem to have the logo and sticker.

http://s193.photobucket.com/user/guitarsatbmusic/media/esp/esp_black_truckster/esp_black_truckster_23.jpg.html

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/thumbs3/esp-truckster-aged-primer-grey-327842.jpg

So as you say it must be deleted off or something. I haven't even heard of chinese fakes for trucksters anyway. Yours must be an early version.

Breadfan32

Email ESP I believe they sent big daddy or some else here on the boards a new made in Japan sticker.  There is a thread on it here if you look hard enough.

i also have a ltd truckster and it's awesome.  Nothing beats the ESP versions though! 

Big Daddy B

I did but they sent me the most recent Made in Japan sticker which is the small clear one with bronze print. That's not the one OP wants. BTW, if by chance this guitar originated on the Japanese market, it might not have had the Made in Japan sticker anyway. For example, my 2013 ESP KH-DC I imported from Japan does not have one.

Further supporting this theory is the 2009 Vintage Plus I just got from 6 String has the newer sticker. My personal belief was 6 String got ahold of some older vintage plusses ESP had stockpiled in Japan but wanted to liquidate due to the E-II introduction so sent 6 String a batch. Due to export regs, they probably had to apply the MIJ stickers and only had the newer ones. In theory if this 2009 was sent over in 2009 it would have had the silver and black one OP mentions.

Although my other theory on the Vintage Plus batch 6 String has was that they were assmbled from some leftover spare parts ESP had, so the necks could have been made in 2009 and they were just assembled within the last 2 years. I say that because half of the 6 or so they received have Sperzel tuners but if you look in the ESP catalogs way back to 2007, the VPs only say Gotoh Magnum Lock tuners. It worked out for me because I like the Sperzels better but again. Also some of the colors and non tinted necks don't match the catalogs as well. In this scenario, they would have had to apply the stickers after the fact, which is why they don't sync up.

I have nothing to add about the circle logo, as I am not that knowledgeable on the 2005 model year. Do you think it was a transition year when they switch from ESP Custom Guitars to ESP Signature Series and ESP Custom Shop?

Cool guitar though, I think it looks fine without all the extra signage.

Breadfan32

Not sure why there is no signature series logo on the back.  I've seen other ESP truckster's in the 2005 year with out them.  

2013 custom shop signatures also didn't have any logos on the back of the head stocks.  

Tim K

Thanks for the help guys. I might try to email esp and see what they can do. I have a ESP KH-2 that I bought new in 2010 so I know what size and color the sticker is if I do go the route of getting it made thanks though 'ESP 348'

ESP 348

A wealth of information here as always.

Good to hear you know the size mate, might be just easier having one made.

Thanks again for sharing, it's a very cool guitar.

Ankan

Nice truckster man. Almost as cool as the black one

Stealing this thread for one ( maybe stupid ) but similar question.

Is it possible to get the COA for an ESP signature guitar if it's lost?

Like, email them and they send you a fresh one.

Maby a bit far-fetched, but it would be nice to know.

tx-ogre

It might be worth a try.  My circumstances were different, but I was able to receive a replacement COA for the Ltd H7-2015 Anniversary I bought.  The COA I received with the guitar had the correct serial number, but it was for a MH-2015 model instead.  I contacted Customer Support through the website, explained the situation and attached a copy of the incorrect COA.  That combined with the fact that I had recently purchased it new from an authorized dealer and registered it with ESP, I received a correct COA in the mail from ESP in about one week.  If you bought it used and/or don't have a receipt or proof of purchase, you may be out of luck.  Good luck.

ESP 348

I am pretty sure ESP don't re-issue COA unfortunately.

Nathan S.
ESP 348 wrote:

I am pretty sure ESP don't re-issue COA unfortunately.

I don't know about that 348. When I got my KH3 I sent a bunch of pics to ESP to verify authenticity, they said that it was and appeared to be early 2000's. I then asked why my COA was dated 2010 and they said that it was possible that the original owner may have gotten a replacement COA. So, I assume that if you buy a Sig Series, warranty register it and provide proof of original purchase and who you are, then you must be able to get replacement COA'S ??? Maybe I'm wrong.

ESP 348

Thanks Nathan and Craig. The only reason I made my comment was because I read about it on here many years ago.

A few members gave me the reason as to why you couldn't get a replacement COA. I forget what the reason was now, but I was sure they didn't do it.

But this was many years ago, perhaps ESP have changed their ways and now they don't mind sending out replacment or missing COA's?

Great news for those who's are missing and would like one. It's an American thing, that's for sure. I bought a new KH2 here in Austrlaia back in 2001 and it never came with one.

I wonder if I can email ESP and ask for one? Lol.

Nathan S.
ESP 348 wrote:

Thanks Nathan and Craig. The only reason I made my comment was because I read about it on here many years ago.

A few members gave me the reason as to why you couldn't get a replacement COA. I forget what the reason was now, but I was sure they didn't do it.

But this was many years ago, perhaps ESP have changed their ways and now they don't mind sending out replacment or missing COA's?

Great news for those who's are missing and would like one. It's an American thing, that's for sure. I bought a new KH2 here in Austrlaia back in 2001 and it never came with one.

I wonder if I can email ESP and ask for one? Lol.

It's hard to say, maybe whoever was working customer service at ESP the day I asked didn't know what they were talking about? ??

ESP 348

Possibly mate, it sounds like it's definitley worth a shot for Tim to email ESP to enquire about chasing a COA for this Truckster.

Tim K

I emailed ESP and this is there response I got about the truckster without a signature series stamp

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, the serial number provided does not register in our sales or production records. This does not imply illegitimacy, rather that the instrument was originally distributed overseas. For the most accurate information regarding the instrument in question, please contact your nearest ESP international distributor." 

Its not that I'm so into having the stamp on the back of it, il live. Just curious 

ESP 348

Who is your nearest ESP international dealer?? Japan?

Very interesting isn't it. ESP USA has no sales or production records of this guitar, I thought they could jump on a computer and have access to ALL things ESP shared with ESP Japan.

Obviously not eh?? I wonder where this guitar was sold new then?

jed s.

Its just a japanese market truckster. I have seen several from 2k5 without the circle logo. And yes the do offer replacement coas if u contact japan. They sent me one for my snakebyte, kh2, and kh3. All were purchased used without coas and just sent pics and within 2 months they mailed them. 

Ankan

Thanks for the answers guys.

I bought mine for 2 years ago, used, from a musicstore where I live.

Didn't think about the COA at the time. It popped up a time ago.

Have the receipt and can take some pics to send them.

So, who knows. Maybe it will work

ESP 348

That's great to hear Jed, I am going to email them with pics of mine then to see if I get one.

Post to Thread