Differences between each KH limited models

Updated
Differences between each KH limited models

Hello mates! This question goes for the ones who own more than one KH-2 limited models (Big Daddy, ESP348, ... )
How would you describe the differences between each model, based on construction-tone-feel? We can all read the specs from each one on the web,  but I'm curious about the feeling on each one while playing them.
I'm talking about these models: KH-2 Relic, KH-2 Ouija, KH-20, KH-2 "30th anniversary", KH-2 SE.

I'm sure this will be very interesting to know for all of us! 

Big Daddy B

Relic - do not own (have a vintage)

Ouija - awesome guitar, my all time favorite. There are a couple of differences between my white one and my black one. The black one seems to have a rounder neck whereas the white is a little flatter kinda like an Ibanez but not as extreme. I would say sound wise my white one seems a little brighter but for neck feel have a slight preference toward the black. The cases are slightly different with the black one's case having a padded leather handle and the white one having a molded plastic handle. Guess that would be helpful if I didn't label them. I have both tuned to E

KH-20 - This guitar is my favorite ESP. I suspected it would sound overly bright, almost shrill due to the maple cap and dual 81s but in reality, it is quite the opposite. It has a lot of midrange and bottom end. The sound has a lot of prescence and is "in your face". The neck feels different than any of my other KH guitars, it feels slightly more narrow. I love it! If I just want to play a guitar and rock out with no regards to tuning, then this is the one I grab. I have it tuned to D. Cool case too, but like the Ouija case better.

30th Anniv - do not own (no interest - bolt on)

KH-2 SE - This guitar is good too. You can tell it is slightly a step down from the rest by virtue of being a SS production versus K. The backplate isn't recessed, and the nuts is a bit narrow. Sound and playability aren't really affected. It has the scalloped higher frets but they don't really do anything for me. Could take them or leave them as I never had any issues with vibrato. Mine has had a problem with the electronics (presumed - see other thread). We haven't gotten that resolved yet. Have switched the pickups to no avail. Going to switch the pots next. If that doesn't work, my next experiement might be adding a Tremsetter to see if that does anything. I have been thinking about trying one of those anyway! I would not say that should prevernt you from buying this guitar though as 348 reported the issue is not present on his. Out of the 4 I am reviewing, this is the only one with a rosewood board. I prefer rosewood to ebony, though in this forum peeps seem to like ebony better. The rosewood on mine is somewhat light in color to my other rosewood guitars. I have this tuned to D as well. Standard case. 

Thus here is my ranking:

1: KH20

2: Ouija Black

2.1: Ouija White

4: Green Burst

Nathan S.

I'm curious about a couple of your statements regarding the KH2-SE Big Daddy. There is one on ebay right now with a K serial number and recessed back plate??

Big Daddy B

Yeah my guess is that is a custom order and not part of the original 100. I have seen some one offs before. Probably better made but you'd have to switch out all teh hardware to black.

ESP 348

Will share my thoughts soon man.

Post to Thread