Zorlac

Updated
Elliot C.

Hey guys,

used to post on here years and years ago. Anyway I own a Zorlac its in ok condition has some scratches around the neck/fret board and headstock. Anyway I havent seen one sold in ages and I was just wondering what they are going for these days.

Thanks guys.

ESP 348

$5000 in mint condition.

$2000 in poor condition.

Supply and demand baby! The world's gone mad!

ESP 348

Any pics man?? Still for sale??

ESP 348

Cool, thanks man. I never saw it and the last Zorlac I saw was the really beat up one that was posted up here by a member.

Haven't seen one since then, that was a few years ago now I am sure. Not this one by the sounds of it, this one sounded OK.

BlackJack21

Anyone know the condition of this guitar? I couldn't find anything in the description.

BlackJack21

Yea I'm alway wary of auctions without a description of the condition.

Guiguitarz

Funny fact is that I'll be in Munchen (Germany) by the end of the month, I can manage an appointement for you guys to see the conditions 

ESP 348

Condition looks to be average BJ.

A few chips on the head stock, some rust on the tremelo and looks like some serious-light buckle rash on the back.

A very cool guitar which can obviously be touched up or restored, but that is a lot of asking money for it in that condition if you ask me.

It would want to be in mint condition for that sort of coin.

BlackJack21

I was going to mention price, but didn't want to go down that rabbit hole like the KH-4 discussion lol. But I agree, a bit much if you ask me.

ESP 348

Lol, all good mate.

Even if it were mint, that is asking too many dollars IMO.

But............there aren't too many of them around these days, so if want one then you will have to pay this asking price or make an offer on it.

I am happy to sell mine that is in mint condition for US $5250 if anyone is interested.

Guiguitarz

I'm curious to see at which price it will go. For a guitar of this age, the condition seems pretty ok from my point of view.

ESP 348

Definitely very interesting to see if it will sell G, but at that price point I don't see it selling anytime soon.

In regards to it's condition, I can understand what you're saying man.

For it's age, it "may" be acceptable to some to have some chips and buckle rash on it etc. After all, it's a 25+ year old guitar that has obviously been played.

I think the price should reflect this also, and I unfortunately don't think it is in this case.

But in saying that also, this guy might be looking at setting the new market price where these Zorlac guitars may sell from now on.

All I need to do now is list my mint condition Zorlac for US $7000 and we have officially set the new price/bench mark for these guitars.................if they both sell of course.

ESP 348

Something else I find interesting is why they switched the position of the 'Skull and Crossbone' inlays from the Zorlac to the KH2?

BlackJack21

Makes no sense for inlays to be side ways, unless it's on a stand.

ESP 348

Yeah, maybe BJ. It could be something as simple as that.

Guiguitarz

If I have a chance to meet the guy in Munchen, to which price I can go ....? PM me for answer, to do not set the market price lower 

BlackJack21

He mentioned if he sold it off ebay, and was paid thru paypal as a gift, he would drop the price a bit. So that should be at least 10% - 15% less than what it is currently. In person probably would be even better! Good luck!

BlackJack21

Never seen Kirk play the Zorlac live after touring And Justice. I forgot, he also used it live on Nothing Else Matters when John Marshall filled in.

ESP 348

What an awesome guitar eh gents!

ESP 348

You know what I just noticed lads, I think my Zorlac has an Ebony fretboard.

Look at how dark the wood is compared to my 2001 KH2 which is definitely Rosewood.

I looked at all the the other guitars in some old pics of mine that are Rosewood and the Zorlac fretboard definitely looks a lot darker than the Rosewood fretboards on the other guitars.

Check these pics out and let me know what you guys reckon.

ESP 348

Another pic from 2010. Definitely is a lot darker than the Rosewood fretboards, maybe just as dark as the white Ouija fretboard.

Perhaps it's a Rosewood board on the Zorlac that has been dyed? I am not sure now. In all the other single pics I have of these guitars I can tell that the Zorlac fretboard looks darker by far.

This guitar is packed away nicely, so I am not sure when I can drag it out to look at it again to see what colour it really is.

And I don't think I have played or even looked at this Zorlac guitar since these pics were taken in 2010 lol.

Breadfan32

It's just a guitar 348.  The only way to solve your mystery is to pull it out and look.  

ESP 348

Yes, well.....................we will be waiting a while then.

Looking at the pics, can you tell me if you think that fretboard looks darker on the Zorlac??

Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

BlackJack21

Time for a new pair of glasses mate. 

ESP 348

Lol, no way man! I've been looking at other pics of all other KH guitars I have here and it's definitely darker!

I am just not sure if it's been dyed, it's actually Ebony or if it's just a darker Rosewood they used at the time which is probably the most accurate explanation.

Here are some other pics all taken the same day in the near exact spot on the floor with the exact natural light source which is coming from the headstock area.

Post to Thread